Grand Prix 2022 Australian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Carlos Sainz has had a shocker this weekend & will be hoping to forget this in a hurry, lost his time in Q3, lost 5 places on opening lap & now spun out on Lap 2

Red Bull look like they are really struggling on the tyres. Perez overtook Hamilton pulled away but by the time the stint was over Hamilton was all over the back of Perez & would've got him back if Perez hadnt pitted
----------------------------------------
well at least vettel can chat to sainz about how much they hated this weekend, what a welcome back after covid LOL 5,000 fine, 3 crashes, barely qualified, out before halfway & didnt even do full race distance all weekend. just 51 laps

Last edited:
Hahaha😄😄😄 made my day

I am waiting to hear the customary "We were let down by our engine partners again!" from Karen . Oh wait it's themselves

I hadn't spotted this earlier - Red Bull replaced a whole set of components on Verstappen's car in Parc Ferme:

1649598604111.png

I really struggle with this - either have Parc Ferme, or don't. At the moment, cars are being half re-built, whilst apparently mechanics are unable to work on them!

Personally, I'd have a much stronger position:

If you need to change anything (save for something safety related, such as the mirror glass), then you must start from the pitlane.

I've got "Russell being quick shows Hamilton isn't that good and it was the car all along" on my crap take 2022 bingo card. Does this count? Can I tick it off now or do I have to wait for it to escalate later in the season?
no-one should be surprised by this by watching Russell, as sakhir 2020 showed he was more than ready. these 1st 3 races have shown that showing Bottas door was the correct decision,

I've got "Russell being quick shows Hamilton isn't that good and it was the car all along" on my crap take 2022 bingo card. Does this count? Can I tick it off now or do I have to wait for it to escalate later in the season?
Hold on there Sonny Jim. We're playing for a line so until you hear *leans over and checks your card* the following, you're still playing:

"You see, I told you it was the car"

"Bottas must have brought more to the team and now he's gone they're struggling"

"He won it over the whole season, not just one race"

:p

Did it appear to anyone else that Mercedes were able to run their car much lower to the ground than in the first two races?

They certainly looked to be running it much lower than RBR.

A low ride height is much more effective for ground effect cars.

Back
Top Bottom