Vettel's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a phenomenon that James Hunt used to harp on quite often. When Murray would offer a suggestion as to why a driver was going well that day, be it contract negotiations, pressure from a driver waiting in the wings, or the prospect of an open seat somewhere else, Hunt would usually remark that it should not take these additional motivations to drive on the limit at the F1 level. If one noticeably ups their effort level when they feel that they may parlay that into something else, it's not necessarily a good sign. This appeared to be the case with both JEV and Ricciardo at Silverstone.

On another note. Does Ricciardo being Australian help him as he would be replacing another Aussie, which may help Red Bull retain a segment of Australian fans and keep any presence in Oz they may have achieved with Webber?

KekeTheKing

JEV and Ricciardo have been vying for a seat for 1 .5 seasons now at Red Bull now they have been given the green light show us what you have to justify. It would not surprise me if Red Bull actually put more resources into Toro Rosso recently to allow the drivers to show their ability as Algarsuari said Helmut expected him to win in a Toro Rosso with its own chassis designed and reduced money compared to the previous ly borrowed Newey chassis and more money.

Unfortunately in F1 its a business and some people need to prove their drive whilst others can use money as a means to save their seat . In terms of pressure from other drivers in waiting Helmut obviously makes noises about it and he has finally managed to force Webber out . He's just waiting for whether one of his young drivers will get promoted or not

(Incidentally he is not the first Flavio Briatore was the worst at playing these stupid pressure games on his drivers)

-----------
Someone mentioned Button being considered for No 2 seat due to bets...he's contracted to Mclaren so Red Bull will have to buy him out and I think someone is being silly. He's easy going nature would be an ideal foil for Vettel .

Don't see it happening unless Red Bull really push for it and someone would have to overrule Helmut in this

I am surprised there is not increase bets on Rosberg for the seat

Button is apparently second favourite...according to the odds.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...ing-Mark-Webber-at-Red-Bull-have-been-slashed

Yeah I read that and was a bit shocked but stranger things have happened. Would clear the way for Rosberg to go to Mclaren and they've always wanted him.

As for his contract I was under the impression he only had an option for next year and it wasn't certain. Someone somewhere obviously thinks they know something from the betting patterns.

Has to be said JB seemed quite happy this weekend to say his car was so shocking.

Button being considered because his easy going nature would be ideal for Vettel...

What about Kimi? I'd say he be very easy going. And I doubt he'd get caught up in the politics of who is number of one. I really dont think he gives a crap and just goes out and drives.

Kimi got very caught up in the politics at Ferrari. Didn't go well for him.

JB has a history of going into other drivers teams and taking over though which might raise objections from Seb.

Just which teams are you referring to, Williams? Renault? McLaren? The only one where you could say that he did was BAR against a very poor Villeneuve.

Bill Boddy RasputinLives was referring to what happened at Mclaren Button been in the game long enough to play the team politics. Behind his easy going nature there is hidden steel

AS for BAR situation you have to say JV caused his own downfall there by first trying to intimidate Button and not wanting a pay cut to help the team

RasputinLives It was more to do with Kimi's apparent laziness in Luca's eyes compared to the workmanlike Schumacher which did not go down well with a lot of people

I don't see the logic in Button being Vettel's teammate as Jenson might devalue Seb's stock unless off course Red Bull want to drive him out

Il_leone - The logic of Button as Vettel's team-mate:
  1. Button will score enough points as a #2 to take the WCC
  2. Button acts as an excellent benchmark to Vettel; if Button is way ahead they can focus their efforts on replacing Vettel for when the going gets tough. If Vettel is way ahead they know which side their bread is buttered.
  3. If Vettel is incapacitated in any way, Button is a proven World Champion.
  4. Button has appeared in some truly horrifying adverts, suggesting he is more likely to do any old crap for the Red Bull brand. He is more media-friendly than Raikkonen. :yes:

teabagyokel
i thought Red Bull suppose to be about youth , and rebellion . Raikkonen fits the rebellion part
I wonder if Button's contract is only option 3rd year as he signed his contract in 2011 and usually its the first two years fixed with option for 3rd year at Mclaren

That would mean he would be available

It would be a shock signing much to Helmut's annoyance having dropped hints Webber is not wanted and succeeded in at least getting rid of him finally but not getting one of his charges to take over like he has planned for 3 years

I'd love to see Hamilton on that seat. I won't happen but that's be awesome. Then Vettel would get a run for his money. 8-)

Il_leone thats how I viewed JBs contract at the time.

Olivier it looks like Lewis bolted the stable a year early otherwise I don't think Red Bull would have been able to resist combining brand Red Bull with brand Hamilton........of course knowing Lewis luck if he had done that Red Bull would have ended up building a stinker of a car under the new regs.

RasputinLives

I remembered that is how Mclaren have done the contracts with Kovalainen and Button recently.

I remembered Button signed his renewed contract in 2011 on a multi year deal so I would think it is the policy of 2 years with option for 3rd year. It is worth an enquiry at Red Bull but am sure Helmut this time will make sure his voice is heard more louder

The Pits

I think someone was being silly as in the outsider's bet given how Button managed to nick the Mclaren drive from Raikkonen by offering himself for cheaper pay

So don't be surprised if Jenson says things about wanting a competitive car

obviously makes the bookies happy at the moment.

The last shock signing was probably when Irvine decided to go to Ferrari because he was announced as a Jordan driver days before and it was all set for an Italian No 2 until it vetoed at the last minute

so Ricciardo puts in another storming qualifying performance whilst JEV can only languish 16th

They mentioned this in yesterday's quali on radio 5 live with James Allen and Allan McNish

Raikkonen - he is liked by people within Red Bull and is a safe pair of hands and being world champion is a plus so they know he can deliver the results for the team

BUT his age is the sticking point being 33 years old for a company that represents youth

then its JEV and Ricciardo

the suggestion is that Ricciardo as Webber said is in the box seat

Kimi may be 33 but he's a dude, and a famous one at that. Red Bull marketing would kill to get him I'd have thought.

I wonder if Ricciardo gets the nod if Webber will be happy to mentor him and also be allowed in the pit garage just to pi$$ off Vettel when he is not going his sportscar commitments

Someone mention about being Australian...not sure Australia is a market for Red Bull that is significant compared to the US and say China

- the Australian press no doubt may badger and praise Ricciardo in the hope that he gets the nod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom