Vettel's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda hoping it'll be JEV coz I think he has a lot of talent he's not shown and they might put him in thinking he's mediocre and get a shock.

...... I'd still like to see Hulkenberg get the seat.

Absolutely sushifiesta.......Hulkenberg will not be intimidated at all by Vettel, and could wind up at Lotus, if Raikkonen makes that move towards Red Bull.......I hope that The Hulk only has a one yeae contract with Sauber.

Kimi is not political and simply does not give a :censored: who his teammate is

His carefree attitude is what Red Bull needs

Vettel is only contracted for another year at Red Bull so I don't think he can have that much power if the team don't know if he is staying or leaving.

This is where Red Bull need to decide who is the successor to take over as team leader that is why promoting either TR drivers is a sign of the future in team

Red Bull have already stated that the team can;t have Vettel and Hamilton in the same team despite previous attempts even 1 year with those two would create fireworks

The question is can Seb provide the same results in a different outfit should he decide to walk away

An endless argument - but are RBR ready to take the gamble that the car is the key and not the driver?

Il_leone - Kimi was quite happy to leave F1 rather than lose out on cash so he is a little bit political.

Jen - People keep saying that about Seb but very few drivers have actually won a title with more than one team. Ayrton Senna didn't but no one holds it against him.

Problem with Kimi is that he doesn't do PR well, and Red Bull are full of it.
Problem with Seb, he's untried with a team mate who doesn't give up, lets face it Mark had his chance and couldn't deliver when it mattered, now Kimi................

Welcome to CTA Koffindodger!

You might be right on the Kimi PR front although his lack of PR could end up being the PR by twisting it to a spin on 'just interested in doing the job'.

Can't help feel Seb is on a loser either way with a new team mate. He either gets beaten and everyone goes 'ahhhh he's not that good' or he beats them and everyone goes "weeellllll the team favours him".

Personally I'm not sure Kimi will be up for getting in to a big battle with a team mate and potentially ending up playing second fiddle, but if he does end up at Red Bull it will change my opinion of his mind-set and his motivations for coming back. He's doing a great job at Lotus, don't get me wrong, but I think he just wants to drive without any headaches or politics and I don't think he'd get such a trouble free life at Red Bull.

Reactions: Jen
So is Kimi holding all the cards? he says that it would be hard to leave Lotus as it was them that got him back into an F1 car, also, he isn't pushed around (Ferrari - McLaren) however, if as is widely thought Seb has links to Ferrari could that be a decider? Paul DR has options to leave Force India although having 1 year left on his contract they wouldn't stand in his way. Kimi former WDC, Paul an up and coming WDC if he gets the breaks, and both Red Bull and Lotus would seem to be a good move up the ladder, me thinks Paul DR is as interested as us as to the outcome.:victory:

koffin-dodger
sushifiesta
Loyalty in F1 can be short but there has to be a time when it is right for both team and driver to part although not always easy

Kimi has found his love for F1 again .. I think the politics at Ferrari clearly did not fit his style as Luca noticed.. Lotus is not as political so he was able to show himself with reputation enhanced

As I have see it Lotus can;t compete with the front runners on finance alone and need to spend in the right areas to keep up plus Kimi took a pay cut no doubt to get back into F1 and now he knows he is worth more than Lotus can really offer him... since James Allinson has left their performance has really dropped off and Kimi will be concerned plus the engine situation is not helping either

Kimi has been backed by Red Bull as a personal sponsor and the old Kimi would be the perfect fit for the team with his carefree shut up and drive attitude . That's why he's the Iceman

It seems now following my earlier post Messrs Vettel wants to be consulted over his teammate which is very interesting to see and hear. That would be quite interesting that Vettel wants to stop one of Helmut's other charges being promoted to the same team as him

RasputinLives

Kimi was forced out by Ferrari but then he did demand too high elsewhere to get a drive and got undercut by Button

Like I said I don;t think he would be yelling about the odds stacked against him like Webber does and expects Red Bull to deliver a good car

RasputinLives

He's carrying Schumacher Mk 2 tag around until he moves to another team and proves he is capable . When Webber does beat him he does get rattled or anxious but lucky for him its not on a consistent basis

rufus_mcdufus thanks but somehow there is a feeling he will not stay that long because ferrari or Mercedes will go after him

Now this thing about him having a say in his teammate I don't think Di Resta is on Red Bull's shopping list .... definitely one person Seb does not want given he got beaten by Di Resta in Euro F3

Interestingly, as a side bar to all of this. This could mean that Massa gets yet another year at Ferrari.

I can't see Vettel wanting anyone in seat two that will be a challenge for him for the next two years. It's going to be one of those contracts where the number 2 guy is told you can win any race you want so long as it's not one that Vettel is still in. The one thing that Webber had to some extent was being at the team before Vettel arrived which gave him even a tiny little bit of push back from time to time. Vettel will surely want to sort out the lines for a new driver coming in, who will be joining his team in more ways than one.

To that end, I can only see it being a less experience driver such as the two TR drivers or perhaps someone from outside F1 (GP2 etc) that may bounce over the lot to land in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom