Tokyo 2020 (21) olympics

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
the Olympics unofficially start in 11 hours. & we still dont know 100% they are taking place. reminds of build up to 2019 Australian GP

although i have sympathy for tokyo because the IOC have said its now or never & they refuse to have 3 Olympics with a 2 yr period. so either they have the olympics or they spent 10.5billion for nothing & cant host it for at very least another 20yrs

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
very enjoyable that opening ceremony. slow going at the start but after the post nations parade, it picked up & was very good. it was nice to see we have return to 2 part ceremony either side of nations parade. as brazil 5 years ago couldn't be arsed certainly did it on cheap, that drone symbol was seriously impressive

ive clearly watched too much pointless, when i too happy when i saw the nations like Central African Republic, Vanuatu, Tuvalu & St Vincent & the grenadines

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
It's very strange given the lack of sports during lockdown, but I've fallen out of love with sport as a whole.

Before lockdown I would drive hundreds of miles to watch Football or Rugby. Would watch test and county cricket at various grounds and watch a lot of other sport either in person or on TV.

Right now, apart from Footy, there's a B and I Lions tour on and I'm not bothered. The Olympics, not bothered. Cricket, not bothered.

Totally losing sporting mojo.

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
i certainly went through that last season with sheff utd. i didnt know when we were playing & result didnt effect me either way

but now the crowds are back ive definitely come around the otherside

Top Bottom