The Olympics 2012

Bronze for Team GB Tom Daley.....he is so happy to get a medal.......
The winners all into the 500 points, he was just 12 points behind the USA Gold Medalist David Boudia, the Silver went to Qui Bo for China, just 2 points behind the winner.

What an incredible games for GB.

Of course, that raises the bar for Rio and it's going to be extremely difficult to even match this, never mind top it.

imagefromurl
MoBolt!

This is highly likely to be our high water mark in Olympic sports, but I think (hope?) this is already being acknowledged in many cases and perhaps expectatns for Rio won't get out of control.

Fat chance of that, I know!

I have to say the BBC coverage has been so comprehensive and generally very high quality, I feel a lot less disappointed with the change to the F1 coverage knowing that sacrifice has made this possible. Obviously both would have been nice!

I suggest sir checks page 10 of the current issue of Private Eye, I can't be arsed to type it/scan it atm, cracking article about the Olympics vs Sky.

I have to say, the three British commentators/pundits for the athletics have been embarrassing in their reaction to Mo Farrah and others.
Michael Johnson obviously wasn't impressed at all.

Olympic Marathon won by 23yr old Stephen Kiprotich ........ Gold for Uganda..........only the second gold ever for this counrty, first won back in 1972
He is one of seven children, went to Kenya at seventeen to train.......he was an outsider, not in line for a medal, great result......what the Olympics is about....
Team GB Lee Merrien finshed in 30th place

Back
Top Bottom