The Olympics 2012

Well, despite my cynicism, I thoroughly enjoyed the London Olympics and not just because the British team did well. Thank you London, a brilliant two weeks.

The disruption has been a right pain in the arse and I will never like the corruption and the way everything is a show and over the top, but I always enjoy the sports (the real ones that is ;)).

The BBC coverage was excellent, if a little too partisan at times, although that too is understandable.

We will struggle to get anywhere near this number of medals in the future I feel, which is the only downside.

Indeed so Mephistopheles. I feel certain the crowds will be just as raucous for the Para Olympics as they were for the able bodied event. Heard on the radio this morning that the number of tickets sold is the largest number ever.

I know, I was just being facetious Mephistopheles.

Let's face it though, there is far, far less interest in the Paralympics.
Do they have an opening and closing ceremony? Where's all the build up as there was with the Olympics?

There is an opening and closing ceremony and already there are very few tickets left, so the interest levels are high. They have started talking about it today and I'm sure there'll be plenty of build up in the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom