The Olympics 2012

They can't cope without pacemakers, apparently. So if there's 2 of you in a team; one with a medal hope and one without, what do you do? What cyclists and Stuart Hayes did in the triathlon. Pacemake. Work as a team.

More drug ban sanctimony than when Ohurougou won gold in Beijing, funnily enough.

Yes, I wasn't impressed at all with that ****ing BBC commentators comments on the winner: "we don't want a drug banned user as Olympic champion".

**** off!

Where the **** did the BBC drag that idiot from anyway? Who is he?

Wow the German Initerior Minister (who is also responsible for sports) and his department must be the most delusional people ever. It has just been revealed that before the Olympics they were expecting the German athletes to win 86 medals including 28 gold medals and that future fundings might depend on the athletes achieving that goal. As things stand they won 42 medals and 10 gold medals. Wow ludicrous expectations and tells you a lot about the state of German sports in general.

The South Korean footballers were promised that if they got at least a bronze medal they would be exempt from national service hows that for incentive and I wonder if the government will keep their word...

Maybe we should develop that policy for instance.

Gold exempt from income tax for life

Silver exempt from income tax for ten years

Bronze sod all you should have tried harder.

:p

No doubt if there were British passports at the finish lines, some of the lesser nations would suddenly start performing better ;)

Well I reckon we do run an incentive scheme in sports

Win a gold you get an MBE

Win a couple you get an OBE.

Win lots you get a Knighthood.

That doesn't just happen in the Olympics either.

WDC Lewis Hamilton MBE

WDC Jenson Button MBE..

Pointless statistics...

The only three countries which have improved on each individual medal total are: Great Britain, New Zealand, Colombia

Great Britain and Japan are the only two countries to have increased their totals by double figures.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest If an athlete does well give em an MBE or summut nowt wrong with that, they have represented the country in a good way and isn't that what it's all about recognition for services rendered?

They put the effort in so that's good enough for me....

I officially represent my country several times a month and every single time I open my wallet. Where's the letters after my name compared to those that don't? Pff.;)

Team GB first medal of the day..........GOLD for Ed McKeever in the Mens single Kayak 200m......
He said afterwards that he wakened this morning at 5am & it felt like Christmas morning when he was a kid...he couldn't wait.....to get to his presents...& he got the best.

Back
Top Bottom