The Olympics 2012

For a bit of fun, British gold medals since the second world war as things currently stand:
golds.webp

Things seem to be going well in the 21st Century!

The loss again US in soccer was bitter and caused a national outcry. Today the girls beat France against all odds and won bronze. It's poetic justice somehow and gave us a moment to celebrate. Other than that, it's business as usual for Canadian athletes that will bring home a handful of bronze medals, a few silvers and 1 gold.

I absolutely 100 percent agree Speshal that is what the Olympic spirit is all about It certainly isn't about how much money a county can spend on creating athletes or the professional sports such as football, tennis or golf (Which could be a part of the next Olympics.) or even the equestrian crap that only seem to be there to give the toffs like Zara Philips a chance at a medal..

I think the crowd were applauding his effort as do I and not being sarcastic in any, way shape or form..

Yeah, disappointment for Liam Phillips too. It's strange that they have multiple races in all the rounds except the final, makes it a bit more of a lottery.

Oh dear...Epic fails on the BMX track. Philips came unclipped and then crashed out. So...all the bigging them up for golds results in umm, a sixth and DNF. I really wish the commentators and media wouldn't build it up so much when we have anyone in a final.

What I don't understand is why Reade opted for the number 1 slot, she did better starting from the middle of the pack. Strange decision as it was a similar one that cost her at Beijing.

Having spent today at Eton Dorney, some of the major fears before the Olympics never happened. It took seconds to go through security, no problems at all. Transport was amazing, the volunteers were fantastic and the facilities were fantastic

Woohoo!
The first ever athletic gold for Turkey.

One thing which has really, really pissed me off during the races though is the commentators when they say something like: "That pace really didn't suit the British girls, they would have preferred a faster race".

Then when being interviewed, they say something like: "I would have preferred it if someone had gone earlier".

So run at your own ****ing pace then! Why didn't you go when you wanted someone to go? >:(

Back
Top Bottom