The Olympics 2012

Unbelievable. 8th place was faster than most championship winners!!! What a race What a world record. What an athlete Rudisha is.

But the BBC shouldn't talk through medal ceremonies.

Did I just hear right?

One of the US guys in the 400m relay broke his leg after 200m but carried on to the end of his leg (no pun intended)?!
He said he actually heard and felt it break but didn't want to let the team down!

Edit: Here's the article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/19202411
After the race, Mitchell was taken to the Athlete Village medical area, where his leg was x-rayed and diagnosed by team doctor Bob Adams as a break of his left fibula bone.

When's the men's 200m finale? I can't seem to find the right time, the Dutch sites are all very vague or give different times and I can't find it on the BBC.

Now that was show boating and it really pisses me off.

If he had kept going he would have had the world record.

It's worth noting that his world record he set in Berlin he hasn't beat since - if he also hadn't show boated in that race he would have been under 9.5.

If Blake was built like Bolt he'd be even more out of this world. They are two totally different athletes. I actually thought for a moment he'd chase him down. Awesome for Jamaica. Great race.

Rudisha seems like a genuinely lovely and grateful champion. A paragon of hard work peaking to his reward and yet he combines it with a refreshing humility. Fantastic. Well done that man.

Back
Top Bottom