The Olympics 2012

Jos the Boss, one has to assume that all competitors know the rules for their particular sport - an unintentional mistake, but she broke the rules. I was upset for her too.

The driver you follow crosses the pit exit line, you find an excuse as to why he did it. The driver you don.t follow does the same thing and you don't give two toots. Sadly Victoria crossed the sprint line and she shouldn't have. That's the fact of the matter however sad that may be. I did enjoy the beeb commentators once again trying to say that the refs wouldn't do anything about it. I wonder what they would have said if it was the ozzy who crossed the sprint line. A said way for a great to leave her sport but she has been fantastic.

Ostapchuk...."womens" shot put. Oh. My. God.
If anyone was wondering:
Eurovisionsports-London-2012-ostepchuk.png

Sorry Ostapchuk....

To put the triathlon 10km time in perspective, it was only 1m 30s down on the gold winning time for the men's 10km.
That's after a swim and bike ride.

Incredible.

Interesting fact:

You piqued my interest Porceliamone, so I had to break it down.

The US has collected medals in 12 different disciplines so far;

Swimming
Gymnastics
Tennis
Cycling
Rowing
Judo
Shooting
Track & Field
Archery
Diving
Fencing
Boxing

Great Britain has won medals in 11 different disciplines;

Cycling
Tennis
Gymnastics
Track & Field
Rowing
Equestrian
Canoe/Kayak
Sailing
Triathlon
Shooting
Judo

And China has the most at 17;

Swimming
Gymnastics
Cycling
Badminton
Table Tennis
Diving
Fencing
Track & Field
Sailing
Trampoline
Weightlifting
Shooting
Judo
Archery
Rowing
Synchronized Swimming
Boxing

Off the top of my head the US will add Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, and Beach Volleyball in the coming days. But I think your original observation was pretty much correct as far as US Swimmers leading the charge.

I must admit I was very impressed by the Brownlee brothers a great gold and the bronze even with the time penalty was supurb now I wonder where Jenson button would have come in that triathlon.

Well since Jenson's best time is 2 hours 7 minutes (In London.) and the slowest time in the Olympics was 1 hour 54 minutes 30 seconds I guess that answers that, still he is 32 years old...

Bolt showing Blake how to slow down and win comfortably! Look how narrow Blake's arms are, should be much higher like Bolt, I think he may be losing some time there

Blake nearly screwed that up, it's not the time for show boating buddy..
All the top guys do it. It's not unique to Blake. Personally I hate it; arrogant showboating. It just irks me. He cut it fine and qualified way faster than Bolt but I'm guessing Bolt will still take the gold. He is an anomaly in his field afterall.

Back
Top Bottom