The Olympics 2012

Interestingly there was a tie for the silver medal in the men's 200m freestyle.

They do actually time to 1/1000th of a second but official results only use 1/100th of a second.

Germany has surprised me GermanF1 - they're usually so strong.

The Team GB women just won their first ever set in volleyball at an Olympic games. Small victories like this this year will hopefully set us down the road of having competitive teams in new sports by the next Olympics, even if we aren't really contenders at the moment.

Congratulations to the GB men's gymnasts, fabulous performance & hugely proud of you.
Such a shame it was very slightly tainted by the silver being dangled for 10 minutes (baffles me how a team can fall off 3 peices of equipment & retain silver :rolleyes:) but still a massive achievement for our lads. I have to say my heart went out to the Ukraine gymnasts who hd a medal & then it was snatched away.
I hate 'stewards decisions' - they always leave something sullied, sounds like the fencing was even dodgier.
I'm looking for medals in unexpected places, that 15 year old was brilliant in the breaststroke & her gobsmacked reaction after was better than the whoops & yells of the favourites.
It's the unexpected moments of triumph which make the Games special.
Now come on Team GB improve on the silver & bronzes :cheer:

Sooo.. why was the queen so sour faced at the opening ceremony ?
k42fz.webp

LOL

Sour grapes indeed, a mighty impressive swim.
If the US aren't careful they'll find themselves with a slander suit from the Chinese, with no positive result from the drug test it's a nasty thing to accuse someone of.
Gamesmanship to unsettle the girl perhaps??

GB update - 8 medal hopes in Judo haven't provided anything. 6 more to go.
All three GB fencers out.
Both GB skeet shooters out.
Germany run away with Gold in the Team Eventing, dashing high hopes of a gold for Britain. It's mathematically impossible to beat the Germans now.

Not such a good games for the host nation so far. It's becoming a commentators repeat nightmare - "such a good effort...so brave"...but there's still no bacon coming home, is there!

Anyone have an idea of what the worst performance by a hosting nation has been? Do records such as this exist?

Back
Top Bottom