The Olympics 2012

Just read about that now.
Apparently the referee disqualified all of the players in the second match when they started doing it also, but rescinded when the teams protested.

The disqualification should have remained and the four players from the first match should also have been disqualified.

You can guarantee it wouldn't happen again then.

I dissagree dizzi. The badminton farce has happened because the two teams Chinese & Korean were playing each other even tho they had both already qualified.

Point 1. why waste the energy or even risk an injury when you have already qualified. Why did they have to play at all. For example the swimmers once qualified aren't asked to race again for no reason, before the final.
Point 2. the draw was such that the winner plays the tougher opponent. So winning would mean less chance of a medal.

This isn't the fault of the Chinese & Korean teams it is the organisers that should of at least had the winner of that match playing a weaker team, at least that would be worth going for despite as I say already having qualified.

Woohoo brilliant
Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 11.55.14.webp
Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 11.59.32.webp
Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 12.02.45.webp

Valiant rowing from Team GB, so happy for the ladies to win gold in such a dominant fashion. :1st:
For a minute I thought the chaps had closed on the Germans too but a massive effort regardless. Where did those Canadians pop up from! A bronze is still better than 4th.
Got to get back to work now, I may sneak in a radio for the time trials!

Bad luck to the British ladies on bicycles. Thought Emma Pooley might have had a chance there. And for my adopted country, Clara Hughes's Olympic dream bites the dust as well. Oh well, perhaps we'll do better in the men's?

Back
Top Bottom