Football The 2012/13 Season

No country protection for the last 8. So here's hoping Newcastle get paired against Spurs or Chelsea :ok:, so they can get knocked out LOL!

No but in all seriousness Spurs, Chelsea and Newcy have saved the FA's bacon this week :).

Or the Premier League's bacon.

I want a Spurs Chelsea final, but it would be a horrific thing to have to endure for a partisan.

The ideal situation for me would be no all premiership match ups until the semi's (here's hoping that all three make it through the quarters) which would then guarantee a premiership team in the title. Funny how the Europa league is much maligned until a team gets closer to the final. Its the same as the League cup final.

I want a Spurs Chelsea final, but it would be a horrific thing to have to endure for a partisan.

As a Hibs fan, I can assure you that, in football, there is nothing worse than being beaten, nay thumped, by your main rivals*.

*Although for Spurs I imagine it would be worse if it were Arsenal

Boyle - Can I just shed some light on what that situation would be if they lost to Chelsea:

Tottenham Hotspur last year qualified in a supposed Champions' League place, until they were denied it as a fourth team because their rivals Chelsea, as European Champions, were deemed more deserving. They then proved that they didn't deserve this place by being eliminated into the Europa League they'd previously pushed Spurs into, thus knocking Spurs out.

That's galling!

I really feel sorry for Blackburn Rovers' supporters. Who'd have thought it could have come to this? And Ronaldinho still isn't returning the Venkys' calls.

I never really understood why the Blackburn supperters were making so much noise against Steve Kean. They looked on their way to promotion until he was sacked. Now look where they are.
Supporters are to blame in my book, but maybe I'm missing something...

To be honest this was funny in every way.

1) The Venky's are a joke. Enough said there.
2) The supporters who vehemently protested (beyond the limit I might add) against Kean are getting their comeuppance.
3) Hahaha Michael Appleton. You were given a great opportunity by a solid outfit like Blackpool to establish a reputation after doing a decent (nothing great) job at the sinking Portsmouth. But as soon as you saw the dollar (should that be rupee?) signs you jumped and left Blackpool in the ditch. With stats like 19 wins from 79 games, I doubt that another Championship side will touch you for a long, long time.

Feel sorry for those Blackburn fans who are good supporters though.

Oh and teabag, can I shed some light on the Hibs game last year?

Hibs had not won the Scottish Cup for 110 years. This was also the first ever Edinburgh Derby final in the Cup. On top of this, a Europa League place would have been nice. To not only lose this game but be thumped is every football fan's worst nightmare.

What happened to Spurs last year was unfortunate yes, but it was a situation beyond their control. They could be proud of finishing fourth, if a bit peeved that they lost out on CL football. There is no pride losing 5-1 to your No.1 rivals.

Now, that IS GALLING! :)

They's only one Roy Hodgson
One Roy Hodgson
Walking around singing that song, walking in a Hodgson wonderland.

awesome result last night and some good goals as well. Brilliant performance from Oxlade-Chamberlain who surely has put himself forward for a start on Tuesday :).

Brazil v Russia is on ITV4 from 7:10pm on Monday evening. Those of you who live close to Stamford Bridge can still get tickets for that match :).

HammydiRestarules - I suspect Oxlade-Chamberlain won't start on Tuesday. My expectation is:

CTA.png

When you think that San Marino has a population in the region of 34k, roughly the same as Bridlington, I am fairly surprised it was that low a score.

It's not easy trying to break through a shield of 9 players infront of the goalie >:(. I think on the whole it was a good performance from the lads and it took a few special goals to get to our scoreline.

Personally i'd prefer Baines over Cole atm teabagyokel, think he's playing better than the Chelsea man and if Welbeck is to play wide left i'd have Baines over Cole for the fact Baines is the best overlapping full-back in the country IMHO :).

HammydiRestarules - That's what I expect England to do. I would select differently; I think Caulker and Baines should be in the defence in place of Lescott and Cole, I'm not sure about Johnson, and I feel midfield/forward cohesion would be good if we picked all 5 United players and one other as a front 6. For that one other, it wouldn't be either of the 'ards; I'm leaning Milner.

Back
Top Bottom