Pre-Season Testing Has Started

I'd be interested to hear what Ron Dennis has to say now given there is nothing headline grabbing about Mclaren Honda other than " Remember the glory days!" with the MP4/4 at the circuit
_81152178_mclaren.jpg

JB has just had to run in a reduced power Mclaren :facepalm::rolleyes:

Now I know what a liquid seal is, I know what a swimming seal is, I think that I know what a US Navy Seal is, but I'm puzzled as to what an electrical seal is. Maybe I was asleep for that piece of my training.

Button only managed 20 odd laps whereas Mercedes, Ferrari , Toro Rosso all did 100 laps

- Mclaren this could be a painful season if can't sort out the seal issue - Ron Dennis better have good reasons because the car has not being able to run at ultimate space

Last edited:
McLaren/Honda are only going through what most the teams were going through with their new engines this time last year. They were always unlikely to hit the ground running and you can't read anything in to their real performance yet (Red Bull being the perfect example or both points).

Now I know what a liquid seal is, I know what a swimming seal is, I think that I know what a US Navy Seal is, but I'm puzzled as to what an electrical seal is. Maybe I was asleep for that piece of my training.
It will be a form of insulation between the HT and LT side of the ERS, my suspicion is that it is breaking down, either through vibration or the actual material is breaking down. Sensors monitoring the LT side will see an increase in volts and cause a shut down.

sushifiesta

I'd like to be the optimist but they had 3 tests and not shown good speed yet or at least solid race pace whilst Mercedes have racked up over 100 laps whenever their drivers tests

I did not think it was a good idea bringing the Mp4 -4 to the track .. they might as well have tested in that car

So Dartman it is an insulator, I know about those, then why couldn't they say so? Not even the Post Office talked about seals in the days when I was involved in discussions with them; double insulation yes, seals, no.

Though it is an insulator, the general description of an insulator is that it a material inert to the transmission of electricity, when you are isolating two compartments from each other to stop the transmission of electricity, where there is a mechanical connection it becomes a seal:yes:

If I was being cynical I would suggest that since this was alonso's last lap, he wanted to prevent JB from having any driving this afternoon... But that's just be overly cynical!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom