Pre-Season Testing Has Started

Since they are male (unless you are suggesting something more) should it not be "divo"?

-----------------------------

But there are two of them so it should be plural so surely they'd be... "divi"?

No wonder Nico's got a trapped nerve. He's been busy procreating and he doesn't have enough untrapped nerve to test.

Last edited:
It's going to be very very very quick. Look at their times and they're still not running full power. They know how quick they will be which is why they're concentrating on reliability, at the moment they have had a few issues but they are hoping to do some speed testing at some stage during the last two days of this test. Providing they don't have anymore hiccups of course.

.... Providing they don't have anymore hiccups of course.

So far they have shown mainly hiccups. I am looking forward to seeing what they can do when they get into full song in the races. N.B. This also applies to all the other teams on the grid.

According to Eric Boullier they are 50% behind in their program at this point. Given that they are 50% of the way through testing at the moment, they are some way behind.

Unless they made a massive step forward in the aero and chassis department you could put a 900 horse V10 in it and it would still be a dog, and judging by their efforts in the previous two seasons I don't hold up much hope...

Last edited:
A comparison between the fastest times of each team in the first two days in Barcelona to their times in qualifying last year:
testingBarcelonaComp.PNG

I'll update this at the end of the first and second tests to see how it develops, but if Force India can go 3 seconds faster in their 2014 chassis and Mercedes are only 3 tenths faster in their new car you can be pretty confident that they haven't come close to showing their hand yet!

Even the crippled McLaren Honda is faster than last year, so I think it just goes to show how much development there was in-season during 2014 as they gained experience with the power trains etc.

EDIT: In the table by first test I mean the first Barcelona test, obviously.

Last edited:
you can blame whoever is running the Sports section of the BBC - Barbara Slater.. it just seems like BBC Sport is very inadequately run these days..the only sport that matters to them is the football even that is run shoddily with the constant refusal to show Bradford City's giant killing run in the FA Cup

On another note what the hell are Mclaren playing at .. they've only covered 12 laps for JB !

Have they all been fixated that they thought they were testing the MP4/4 today which is on display at the track

Last edited:
JB's on the track now so a short stint needed at race pace please ..well that was optimistic he's back in after 3 laps !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom