Grand Prix 2024 Australian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Just realised we dont have the thread up to discuss max verstappen 10th win in a row & red bull's 34th win from the last 36 races

how people view Australia is a great indication of how long they watched F1, because those in early 30's know this as the season opener the beginning of that seasons journey, but there will be many people who like me with Japan this year, it feels weird to have it so early in the season as they know this as the season finale, the scene of some great title deciders obviously Mansell 1986 comes to mind & 1 of the most famous title deciders of all time Hill v Schumacher. as Damon has shown below he finally revisited the scene of the "crime" 30 years later
1711020828557.png
temp 4.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4nUuPnv2py/?igsh=a2dyejc3YjhrZDJr

Austraila has a rich motor racing history as the grand prix is 1 of the oldest surviving motorsport competitions held in Australia, which if ive done my maths right is 96 years old, & sunday will be 84th running, but has only been apart of F1 since 1985 but that did stop well known F1 drivers taking part with the likes of Moss won in 1956, Bruce Mclaren 1962 & 1965, Jack Brabham 1955 1963 & 1964 & Alain Prost in 1982.

Australia does hold quite a few F1 records because 5 countries have held consecutive races, but the other 4 had different names. only 1 had the same name consecutively that was Australian GP with the season finale in 1995 & season opener in 1996, 1995 is a another record for the largest margin of victory when Damon Hill won by 2 laps. 1991 is the shortest race in F1 history (with racing laps) with only 14 classified laps

on to this weekend, because of clocks & time of the year Australian GP at 4am is the earliest start time in UK since 2007 Australian gp when Lewis hamilton burst onto the world stage at 3am, anyone who is watching this live in uk, i take my hat off to you, your a far better fan than me, but hopefully we will have some excitement. as in hindsight it was 1 of the most dramatic / entertaining races of last season. so hopefully we get more of the same. & i posted in Sky F1 thread, it will be different this weekend because of alot of this weekend action will be broadcasted from their base in London. This will be the case for the race weekends in Australia, Japan, and China with potenially only ted kravitz, David croft & martin Brundle over in Australia

if you want to know the UK times for this weekends action
temp 2.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom