Head To Head Sebastian Vettel vs Daniel Ricciardo

For the sake of clarity, although this is way off topic:

Hamilton was two seconds off the pace at the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix because he nursed tyres, in order to stop fewer times. This was necessary because he wasn't going to overtake anyone.
Button was two seconds off the pace, as he was completely stumped by set-up issues, which left him two seconds off at Monaco and Canada too.

Olivier

Does that mean he admitted he could only beat an OAP Webber because his car was more bulletproof

Sorry Seb but I guess you forgot how Daniel got disqualified and had a botched pit stop all in the first two races because of his team so he would be further in front

Also the best drivers adapt to the regulations the quickest and the best that is usually a hall mark of a great driver from a very good one.

If you don't like the regulations its the same for everything and the person you beat first is your team mate

You were not complaining about the EBD or the fact Pirelli did rubbish tyres and even went to the factory to ask about the compounds

Sounds very desperate to me and facing the realisation he may have to back Ricciardo in the title charge at his expense

He's had 5 years in the team with the same mechanics before Daniel came along ... the advantage should be stacked in his corner especially he is a 4 times WC

Considering that the Red Bulls during pre season testing were doing a fairly good impression of a box of firelighters I think they come a long way in the reliability factor..

Interesting scrap with these two today. Seb decided to pit early to get the undercut and track position and then hold on for dear life on dying tyres(like Ricciardo at Silverstone) and it worked against nearly all the field.....except for his teammate who nursed his tyres in the first stint so he could change later than everyone else and then power through the field on fresher tyres.

It seems everything Vettel does at the mo Ricciardo has an answer for.

Disappointing for Vettel today as he had the pace to beat Ricciardo in a straight fight but the strategy (again) left him as the runner up. Anyone see the interview with Mark Webber on Saturday when he commented that Vettel was "driving his car" this season.

Maybe because he knows what it's like to be the underdog and anyway if he tried to put Vettel down what would that say about him? considering how far behind he was to Seb...

Last edited:
A great drive by Ricciardo today. I didn't really notice Vettel all day but probably a decent drive given the circumstances. It seem that the smiling one is doing a number on the champ' though doesn't it?

By Red Bull's own admission by pitting Ricciardo late they were trying to beat Raikkonen, he wasn't even in the same race as Vettel at the time.

Worked out pretty well for him though.

Red Bull and Danny Ric basically benefitted from everyone else pitting early which is funny as that only happened because Red Bull pitted Vettel so early and triggered everyone else to do the same!

I'm sure the idea was to get Danny to be mixing it up with Kimi, JB, Perez and the like but he was so quick he went even further up!

Red Bull and Danny Ric basically benefitted from everyone else pitting early which is funny as that only happened because Red Bull pitted Vettel so early and triggered everyone else to do the same!

Funny how that was a grand conspiracy when it occurred in Abu Dhabi in 2010, too!

The RBR-DR package has to be one of the gentlest on tyres .... he seems to be able to run longer and still peel off swift lap times without the steep cliff drop off of other chassis-driver combo's ... another sound as a pound drive from DR ...

His moves to feint and switch back to out-brake some drivers late on yesterday highlighted not only his skill but also shows his understanding and confidence of where these guys are braking ... it was lovely to watch ...

to be fair Vettel in doing his early stop got the jump on everyone namely Magnussen but he did not scamper away as expected with a clear track and the Red Bull was suppose to be a faster race car than the Mclaren

Ricciardo meanwhile on his new tyres caught up with everyone significantly quicker than expected and just managed to find ways to clear the cars very quickly

What impresses me about Ricciardo is when he comes to overtaking he is just able to have confidence in himself to hit the braking point and put his car into a position where the other driver has to yield its precise, aggressive and clinical something that Hamilton normally does

I do remember when Vettel had to do similar overtakes he use to end up banging wheels or taking cars noses off

The ignominy for Vettel to support Ricciardo as the only way for Red Bull to retain the drivers title within Milton Keynes is now a distinct possibility

Back
Top Bottom