Head To Head Sebastian Vettel vs Daniel Ricciardo

Kewee - He won the race because he was on pole. He was on pole because he was faster than everyone else.

F1Yorkshire - Red Bull's other drivers' best result in 2008 - Coulthard (3rd) at Canada. Webber (4th) at Monaco. Bourdais (7th) at Australia and Belgium.

Number of top eight finishes:
Vettel 9
Webber 9
Bourdais 2
Coulthard 2

Top six finishes:
Vettel 7
Webber 3
Coulthard 1
Bourdais 0

anyone think Seb can claw back the gap to Daniel in the last 8 races

IS double points going to play into it as well? Oddly enough the idea is stop Seb running away with the championship again

I really don't think many on here are understanding things properly. Sebastian Vettel has only won 39 races and 4 World Championships because he was in a car designed by Adrian Newey, which was held to the ground by magnets and only Red Bull knew about this option which they didn't tell Mark Webber about. But that really doesn't matter as Christian Horner used to snap the front wishbone of Mark's car whilst it sat on the grid. Oh, and had the full backing of Jean Todt, Bernie Ecclestone and Pirelli who banned all other drivers and cars for the four season he won the championships from competing as Dietrich Mateschitz was paying them huge amounts of money to ensure his Wunderkind kept winning .

He is now being shown up as a complete muppet as he is being beaten by Daniel Ricciardo and deserves all the vitriol and hatred we can all summon because he has been successful and in no way can any of his success be put down to anything he, personally, has done.

If you recall Michael Schumacher also cheated his way to seven titles and 91 GP victories, He only won those because of Rory Byrne being a design genius and the fact that Ross Brawn used to stuff potatoes up the exhaust pipes of Schumie opposition on a Saturday evening. Now, of course, all is forgiven because he has had a terrible accident and may well have brain damage. What a great guy!

We also need to note that Jenson Button's Brawn was actually being driven remotely from the pits by Ross Brawn, Lewis Hamilton was seen handing over a brown envelope filled with Euros to Timo Glock at the Brazilian GP in 2008 and don't get me started on Jacques Villeneuve. However, Kimi Raikkonen and Damon Hill won their titles because they are bloody nice blokes and would have won even if they had been in an Andrea Moda.

Have I missed anyone?

Senna - only won anything because Honda gave him the best engines
Piquet snr - well he was just crap and we should expunge his three titles from history as they are virtually worthless. I'd put him in the Lance Armstrong category of Champions. The truth will come out one day!
Prost - not as good as any of his team mates so it can only be down to favouritism inside the team and, of course, the FIA gave him the titles even though he didn't actually win any races throughout his career.
Mansell - Newey

Oh, and Mika Hakkinen was Ron Dennis' love child.

Have I got a bit ranty and gone a tad off topic?

I wouldn't have thought that needed any explanation soccerman17. Flavio ensured only Alonso would ever win, not matter who he was paired with in the team, and they cheated. All Fernando had to do was turn up at the track, a stunt double did the driving and then he wandered on to the podium to accept the trophies and plaudits having spent the two hours of the race in Briatore's mobile harem parked in the paddock.

Actually, that might be true...

Anyway, suffice to say that when Alonso was beating the Red Terror in 2005 and 2006 it had **** all to do with his capabilities as a racing driver and if anyone suggest others I'll give you a knuckle sandwich. Oh, and he's a big baby.

Last edited:
teabagyokel ...... You've agreed with me on both points teabag. I also said he won because he was on pole. I left the fact he was faster than everyone else unsaid as that was obvious, what I did say was he was able to drive the race without being impeded by the rest of the fields spray. It's not a criticism to say it's very difficult for another driver to pass the lead car in a very wet race, it's simply a fact, regardless of who the drivers are. Vettel was able to control the race with that advantage which helped his speed.

What about anybody who ever won any races??? They only won because the earth happened to rotate within a space-time equation that corresponded precisely with the time at which the gregorian calendar-dictated made the waving of the checkered flag following a pre-determined number of circuit-rotations to them purely because they happened to have driven the entire distance corresponding to said number of lap rotations in the shortest amount of time according to the gregorian calendar????

They only won because ofthat, and for no other reason.

Back
Top Bottom