Ron Dennis replaces Martin Whitmarsh as CEO in coup

Or he'd look rather silly if Enstone thrashed them this year with all their problems. Swings and roundabouts.

Also as Ron will be IN EXACTLY THE SAME JOB as he's been for the time when Whitmarsh was there the success (or failure) shouldn't be attributed to him anyway. Unless you want to attribute the last few years to him too. Which I'm pretty sure you don't.

Ron is the puppet master, Whitmarsh the puppet and fall guy - apologies for mixed metaphors. Ron must have the final say on all elements of senior recruitment and those McLaren have chosen haven't been good enough. McLaren's current travails can be laid fairly and squarely at Ron Dennis' door.

A legend? A legend is a fable that is not based on fact, told through the ages supposedly to educate people morally.

That does kind of sum Ron up.

I'm hardly being deadly serious myself Fenders.

As much as I'd love Ron Dennis to not be real I'm pretty sure no one can make him up.

Ron Dennis, the savior of Mclaren, who brought multiple Championships to the team; led them through their glory years and subsequently took the fight to the mighty Ferrari, only to see the prancing horse take the win multiple years, despite the aid of one of the greatest designers of all time, Adrian Newey.

Ron Dennis, the one who led Mclaren through multiple years of being second best; the one who oversaw the design of a car which never raced in a single Grand Prix; the one who brought in double World Champion Fernando Alonso to partner an exciting rookie going by the name of Lewis Hamilton; the one who mismanaged the situation so terribly that they were disqualified from the Constructors Championship and failed to win the Drivers Championship after a disastrous race in China, and lost Alonso at the end of the year.

Ron Dennis, the one who decided Martin Whitmarsh would be a suitable replacement and trained him in the ways of the Ron, but seemingly failed in doing so.

That Ron Dennis? With his seemingly high floor?

Ron's floor is Martin's ceiling? Do they house share a two up two down council house?

"Martin would you mind taking the ground floor bedroom as I go to bed before you and all your banging around would keep me awake"

Now theres a sitcom that writes itself.

Back
Top Bottom