Poll Out of Ten - 2013 Spanish Grand Prix

2013 Spanish Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
It's not the first time that Hamilton has been heard saying this though- and not just at Mercedes.... It strikes me that he's never happy unless he can go flat out every lap... Which isn't a flaw per se, but it strikes me that it's not playing to the game that's been set!

I was just about to mention that.

Sky kept refering to this as if was one of the biggest stories in F1 since Schumacher returned.

I loved that fact that Alonso won I really did but the race was, just wrong it wasn't racing, there is no way that a driver should be heard saying "Guys I can't drive any slower."

WTF is that all about.....
What that is all about is that Mercedes have designed and built, at great expense, a car that is outrageously fast over a couple of laps but is, frankly, shit when it comes to trying to do 60 laps.

That is Mercedes' problem to deal with, assisted by constructive input from all personnel, including their drivers. :whistle:

It is NOT the fault of the FIA or Pirelli, so the latter should not be moving the goal-posts to suit the players with two left feet. :snigger:

Personally, I think the circuit layout contributed to such a low rating, and not the tyres - just look at past races at the venue; they haven't exactly been mindblowing. The tyre situation is the same for all teams, this it should be, as ramilas1 and others have elaborated on, up to the teams to adapt. If all teams had to strap an ice-cream tub to the front of their cars, it still would've been a crap race, because it's at Catalunya.

This merc would probably have been unbeatable in the pre-Pirelli/DRS days but sadly overtaking is far too easy.

The results from this poll are going to be very interesting because, as things stand, fourteen nutters people have decided to give the race a seven or above. There's a very large spread in votes.

The results from this poll are going to be very interesting because, as things stand, fourteen nutters people have decided to give the race a seven or above. There's a very large spread in votes.
............ but, hey, 46 people nutters gave Bahrain 7 or more ..... :givemestrength:
- that has to be a clear case of a takeover of the asylum by the in-mates.

I watch all races with a degree of optimism and look forward to each and every one. There is always a positive to be taken from each - yes, it is not the racing that we saw 50 years ago and not all the tinkering and improvements in the world will bring that back. However, it is the 'modern day' equivalent and still holds thrills, spills and upsets.

It's not the racing we saw three weeks before! Once Alonso got in to the lead it was an extraordinarily dull race in my opinion, there were basically no battles anywhere and when there might have been it was usually prevented by a "don't fight him" or "look after the tyres" message.

Josh RasputinLives

I have been looking for the interview, it was on Sky last week-end & it was either Mikka H or Jacques V......but , I don't think they mentioned any driver.....by name.& neither did I..

Back
Top Bottom