Out of Ten - 2013 Hungarian Grand Prix

2013 Hungarian Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
So you're using Monaco as a case of only giving 10's when a favourite driver wins? Who won again?

Monaco 2011 was the best race of the season. Was best race of 1996 too. I seem to renember a pretty tasty one when Sutil and Kimi ran into each other as well.

The myth about Monaco always producing a prossesion is about as true about the myth that Hungary is boring and always about to be dropped off the calander. Unfounded.

Just to prove not all Lewis wins get 10s, I gave Canada a nine on the grounds of
9, at the start of the season my one hope was a Mclaren vs Ferrari battle, and we got that, obviously 10 is exclusive to Schumacher winning!
Which I then disproved by giving Brazil a 10!
Gate closed!

Well despite me making fun of the "Hamilton voters" (not meant derogatory) I'll be the first to admit that my vote is automatically higher when Grosjean or Pèrez is on the podium, so there. I'm sure everyone is the same way when their favorite driver does well.

How on Earth can peep's following a sport - whose very nature is all about the emotions engendered by thrills, excitement, elation, victory, loss, tension, stress, hope and expectation (to name but a few) - be expected to rate an event on non-subjective criteria? Why would they even want to? If the event doesn't float ones' boat the best will in the World will not elicit a meaningful assessment other than "I should have been doing something else with my day". Setting aside ones' attachment to a team or driver to judge a race is like trying to ignore why one watches it at all.

So, who may I ask is going to draw up the checklist we can all use to vote in the new "Objectively Judged Out of 10 2013 ..... GP" thread? For the record I for one will put that thread on my "unwatch thread" list.

One of the bonus's of not being a huge fan of any one team or driver means that I can watch the race with a certain amount of objectivity based on the fact that I don't give the hairy crack of a small furry animals bum, who wins the race as long as I enjoy it.

The Artist..... Not being able to watch a race live or watch all of it definitely takes away from the excitement, even if in theory they're taking out the boring bits. Average live on BBC score vs. average live on Sky score was actually something I'd thought about having a look in to at the end of the season.

Maybe you should take into account the beer to race ratio as well?

Also I seem to enjoy a grand prix more when I watch it whilst eating a HUGE sandwich. For instance I had an Egg Mayo and Cheese baggutte during this Grand Prix and it certainly helped. It was tiger bread and everything plus I has a snack pork pie on the side!

Not sure how you'd do the maths on that though.

I might have to disqualify your vote for putting mayo in a sandwich... or on anything for that matter. Also, don't tempt me with making things more complicated because that's what I excel at!

Back
Top Bottom