Out of Ten - 2013 Hungarian Grand Prix

2013 Hungarian Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
Can you not see the irony in the definition of objective and your interpretation of the same.

No, what's so different of my interpretation? If you are meaning that those people gave a 10, because it was their objective way of thinking, than i think that's just rubbish.
Nor am i saying that my objective is more valid than others.

Just drop it, this is forum with a wide UK fan base and i just gotta accept the fact that races get high scores when a Brit wins, even how boring the race may seem. PS: Don't think this was boring as hell, just not 10 or 9 worthy. ;)

No, what's so different of my interpretation? If you are meaning that those people gave a 10, because it was their objective way of thinking, than i think that's just rubbish.
Nor am i saying that my objective is more valid than others.

Just drop it, this is forum with a wide UK fan base and i just gotta accept the fact that races get high scores when a Brit wins, even how boring the race may seem. PS: Don't think this was boring as hell, just not 10 or 9 worthy. ;)
Your objective interpretation clearly shows bias against those who aren't as objective, in your opinion, as yourself - which, to my mind, equates to prejudice of a sort.

Please don't issue the instruction to 'just drop it' - it is neither polite nor helpful and smacks of a lack of objectivity.

Last edited:
Just drop it, this is forum with a wide UK fan base and i just gotta accept the fact that races get high scores when a Brit wins, even how boring the race may seem

OK - I shall flounce off in a huff as my nationailty is seen as a material basis for my judgement....

Or are we making far too big a deal of generalisations? :p

Bushi It is a UK biased forum but from these polls you can see there's a big spread of views. Frankly it rubbed me up the wrong way to start with as well because I just didn't understand some of the scores people were giving, it's just a matter of getting used to it and accepting it for what it is really. Many of the races so far have received votes for every score from 1/10 to 10/10, for example.

P.S. I don't think you've voted yet? If you didn't enjoy the race go ahead and give it a bad score, about one in six people have given it 6/10 or below so far so you're not alone.

Five for the basic race, plus two for being there, plus one for having excitable RBR fans next to me, plus one for having excitable Buttons on the other side and then another one for having excitable Raikkonen fans in front and behind me. There were battles going on most of the time, being in the middle of these great fans all cheering on their own favourites whilst understanding the skill of the others made it an event.

(I always seem to rate those races that aren't live on the BBC as much lower than the ones that are!)

Very understandable. Sports are meant to be viewed live. There's a sort of connectivity you feel with the spectators at the event and around the globe. Watching any (contemporary) sporting event with a tape-delay is wholly unsatisfying.

Some good debate in this thread, with Fenderman making some excellent points. I guess this was bound to be a lively poll considering the victor. Long Live the Hungaroring!!

Your objective interpretation clearly shows bias against those who aren't as objective, in your opinion, as yourself - which, to my mind, equates to prejudice of a sort.

Please don't issue the instruction to 'just drop it' - it is neither polite nor helpful and smacks of a lack of objectivity.

I never said i was being objective in my response to the people who gave a 10, that was my opinion.

sushifiesta : Yeah i know, but sometimes it just get's to me, think i had the same with the melbourne '11->'12 poll.
Also maybe i'm a bit annoyed by getting almost no sleep at night.

Race of the year so far for me, followed by Canada. Some great moves that weren't made easy by DRS, a bit of strategy difference between RBR, Merc and Lotus, a new winner (this season) and an ever so slight chance that Vettel might have a challenge on for the WDC.

Not half bad for a race if you ask me...

Wasn't to bad really and it was great that Hamilton stopped Vettel's dominance :). Also thrilled that Jenson got in Vettels way :D and helped Lewis win that race. However, really thought that Webber had a stunning race, my driver of the day. Shame Grosjean had a few naughty moments cause I thought he was on for a decent result :ok:.

Back
Top Bottom