Out of Ten - 2013 Hungarian Grand Prix

2013 Hungarian Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
It cannot have escaped anybodies attention that, although being a fan of no-one in particular, I have huge admiration for the top 5 or 6 drivers. Having said that I do believe that Alonso, Hamilton and Raikkonen are the top 3. If I exercised a patriotic bias to score a race then every race that Hamilton made the podium, won or fought back with brilliant drives from adversity then every race for the past two seasons would score a ten.

I detest walkovers especially when a car is so dominant that a driver can suffer a catalogue of mistakes (whether his own or of others) and still win with a walk in the park. Which is why Vettel is still No.4 in my personal rating whilst the top three are too close for me to separate.

So, anyway, I think the moral compass of most people on this forum, fans or not, and consciously or otherwise, judge a race on their enjoyment of the event not just the result.

Followers of a particular driver will experience a gamut of emotions that will heighten their enjoyment or otherwise of the event. It's natural then that the fortunes of their favorite driver and team will influence their judgement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Knocking them for it as "fanboy/girlism" is the knocker's problem not the fans'.

Last edited:
:)I would've been too ashamed to have used your apostrophe as the joke wouldn't have worked.
Of course, one's self must be the decider.

Any further references to Fanboys/Fanbois etc. will be deleted. If you enjoyed the race because Lewis won, good luck to you. If you didn't like it because he won you have the right to get excited when your favourite driver or team wins at another race.

Cheers

FB

Nothing stopping you from giving the race 1/10 Bushi , many people have for other races. I'd prefer it if people vote based on their own enjoyment of the race rather than being influenced by other people's votes, though.

Same here, but i just hate when people give points only based on the fact what their driver did.
It's not how much did you enjoyed seeing your driver win. If people only voted based on that fact, than there is no reason for a poll.

Good point Bushi, but you must allow that it is possible to be a fan of someone and still appreciate a race that they win for reasons other than just the fact that they won it. Just as it's possible to appreciate a good race in which the favoured driver does not fare so well.

Speaking as someone who's been a fan of Hamilton since long before he entered Formula 1 (as well as being a fan of F1 itself since long, long before Hamilton was even born) what am I to do if there is an exciting or interesting race, which Lewis happens to win - especially if he hasn't won for a while? Should I abstain from any poll on that race?

Nice round 8 as kept me attentive all the way through.

Maybe it would have been a 9 if the overtake that had me jumping out of my seat had not deemed to be illegal.

Good point Bushi, but you must allow that it is possible to be a fan of someone and still appreciate a race that they win for reasons other than just the fact that they won it. Just as it's possible to appreciate a good race in which the favoured driver does not fare so well.

Speaking as someone who's been a fan of Hamilton since long before he entered Formula 1 (as well as being a fan of F1 itself since long, long before Hamilton was even born) what am I to do if there is an exciting or interesting race, which Lewis happens to win - especially if he hasn't won for a while? Should I abstain from any poll on that race?

No not at all, but some people give points only on the fact what their driver did and in my humble opinion you should always look at a race objectively. Like for instance 3 people this year gave the Monaco GP a 10. The Monaco GP a 10!!!!! You know that race that can be summarized in one pic:

Last edited by a moderator:
No not at all, but some people give points only on the fact what their driver did and in my humble opinion you should always look at a race objectively. Like for instance 3 people this year gave the Monaco GP a 10. The Monaco GP a 10!!!!! You know that race that can be summarized in one pic:

Are you saying that your objective is more valid than others? If so, I fear you don't know the meaning of the word.

Back
Top Bottom