Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

:dunno:With Mitch Evans proving it really is possible to polish a turd quite why Jag have not announced his retention for next season or why he's not been snapped up for a better drive is something of a mystery.

Jakatar announced as being on next year's calendar

And, much to cider_and_toast's relief, Mitch Evans confirmed at Jag.

Not sure who is up for second seat. Lynn maybe?

It's a reward for Mitch Evans (of sorts) as he's effectively kept Jaguar in the sport. I am absolutely convinced that the team would have gone without the results Evans managed.

It would seem JLR are through the worst of their woes at the moment and they are backing every pound they have on Electric Cars. We will have to see how that plays out.

very weird but i got this news from instagram as georgie barrett from gadget show & occasionally channel 5 formula e pit lane interviewer. posted that she was hosting the jaguar launch & announced james calado would be 2nd driver.

apparantly He has been helping the team with its private FE powertrain manufacturer allocated pre-season testing programme alongside Evans. but i think a very good choice was great in lower formula, i remember watching him in GP2. very good driver but unfortunately he was in that era when GP2 was end of the line as no team hired any of the drivers. & has gone to ferrari GT impressed always competitive in le mans

sit yourself down for this as you wont have seen this news coming. the venturi formula e team currently managed by suzie wolff will be moving to mercedes drivetrains from this season. which i am shocked :o

because its almost as if her husband is the "CEO of Mercedes F1 team alongside wider responsibilities as Head of Mercedes-Benz Motorsport" so would be highly influential inside any mercedes decision making

The final FE race calendar has been revealed and perplexes me

Hong Kong has dropped off (which I understand why) but this now leaves a 1 and a half month gap between Saudi and Morroco. Also the sudden jump from Europe to Korea and Jakatar doesn't seem very green.

In good news though the London round is on my birthday weekend!

Better option would be too cancel the stupid Saudi Arabia round and have it start in Morroco. Season would all be in one year then too.

it is weird not to have december race because if i remember rightly this was to replicate A1 gp & capitalise on the lack racing in the winter. which is work for me at least. so missing a mid december race is strange

also cant cancel saudi arabia because as nothing changed from 2018. like Abu Dhabi they huge amount of money to open the season

Last edited:
First day of testing today......and first day James Caledo crashes the car LOL

Gunther top in the BMW. I don't really rate Gunther so shows the car is good. Techetah's and Nissan following closely after. Jag and Audi in the top ten. Dragon now seem to have become Penske. Merc are well down and NIO have volunteered to be back markers with their current driver line up.

Cars are a second faster than they were at Valencia last year already.

i thinkibg about the title usually people cant be ruled out like buemi di grassi & vergne but not sure about JEV this year. i think da costa has a great chance of the title this year with a proper team bmw dropped off last yr & i think bird might finally get over the line after close calls & bad luck seemingly every year

Back
Top Bottom