Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Really enjoyed that. Great race. Great to see the Jag's have come on despite some bad luck today. Loved the Duvall v D'ambrosia battle.

Be interesting to see how the racing transforms next year when they expect to use a single car for the whole race.

Alright race we had a bit of action but hardly a race that will live long in the memory. Is it just me but in season 1 the racing was brilliant but this season its been underwhelming.

as we known since day 1 of this championship. buemi is just different class & seemingly in that edams is just unbeatable. But Formula E have to sort out the stupid calendar because its ridiculous 4 races in around 6mths between October - April then last 8 rounds squeezed into 10 weeks mid may to july

Alright race we had a bit of action but hardly a race that will live long in the memory. Is it just me but in season 1 the racing was brilliant but this season its been underwhelming.

as we known since day 1 of this championship. buemi is just different class & seemingly in that edams is just unbeatable. But Formula E have to sort out the stupid calendar because its ridiculous 4 races in around 6mths between October - April then last 8 rounds squeezed into 10 weeks mid may to july

Every car was the same in season 1, so the entire field was more together. In a way this was always going to happen when they opened the regulation up.

That edams car is just the fastest car out there for the past 2 seasons. Prost just isn't at the same level than Buemi.

I just hate that they almost always give the Fanboost to the fastest ****ing car every race.

Decent race but then it always is at Argentina as its a good track. Great camera angles too.

Buemi hasn't got a challenge at the moment has he? Prost is a bit of a waste of space in the other car. Vergne might get near him the the customer Renault but JEV has always been crap at energy saving.

Love the D'ambrosio/Duval battle that's been going on for over a year now. They were going to drop Duval and put Massa in that car ya know! Fools.

BMW granted Formula E manufacturer status

Whilst the big news here is that BMW have entered Formula E (as a powertrain supplier at the moment not an out and out team), the bit that fly's under the radar is that Penskie have decided to build their own stuff for season 4 instead of using Venturi. It seems that the US race teams think Formula E is worth investing in even if the US public Isn't smitten.

BMW registers manufacturer team for FE

BMW now confirmed as running it's own team from Season 5 (not next season but one after) which is same year as Mercedes come in and of course the season that the 'car swapping' ends.

I do wonder what the series will change when car swapping goes because technically it will mean straight racing with no pitstops which might take away some of the tactical element.

Did anyone else see Esteban Gutierrez standing in front of a Mariachi band during the build up to the race? Slightly ironic given his hissy fit last year.

I do wonder what the series will change when car swapping goes because technically it will mean straight racing with no pitstops which might take away some of the tactical element

I was thinking the same thing after Saturday. A race without car changes would not have been the same. I guess it will be one long stint of battery management.

I wonder if battery compartments / connections could be made such that they could be changed as tyres are in a pit stop?

I presume someone is locked away in a low-emission booth somewhere coming up with an interesting and exciting format.

And if it doesn't work, it'll go the way of the Beijing formation lap.

At least the crap rules go quickly.

(Yes I know fan boost is there still but in case you've not figured out that's only there to force the teams and driver to interact with the fans on social media and bump the profile of the series up)

So something very interesting buried in this article.

Techeetah weighing up switch to DS powertrain for 2018

Each powertrain supplier gets 15 days testing but get an additional 7 days if they supply a customer team. It's the producers of the powertrain that decided the allocation of the days to which team. Renault, not surprisingly, chose to give all their days to EDAMS. Now as they are the only powertrain supplier to be providing to a customer team that basically means they got an extra 7 days testing than everyone else.

Guess we know why EDams are so dominant this year.

IMG_20170420_103426.jpg
IMG_20170420_103217.jpg
Nice bonus at work today:

Back
Top Bottom