Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

FB. I think that's Jaguar's full intention mate. The I-Pace, their first all battery powered car launches next year I believe.

Hard to imagine Monaco being one of the slightly wider street circuits used in the FE series isn't it?

I doubt it. The run from St. Devote into JFK avenue on turn 1 is ludicrously tight - there's almost a certain pile-up. Like having the Hotel hairpin as the first corner.

Last edited:
Apart from Mexico it seems to me that varying degrees of 'ludicrously tight' can be applied to every FE track.

Oh that was a terrible circuit, although quite a good race if I recall. Wasn't there a circuit they used to use in Indycar that was on an old airfield marked out by cones and crash barriers?

Missed the race live on C5 but caught the second half on +1 - usual overtaking problems for Monaco but kept my interest with a battle for the lead right until the end.

Finally caught up on this. My TVO box didn't record the race on Saturday so waited for the Eurosport highlights package. More terrible TV coverage you could not achieve. They were showing post race driver interviews cut in with the on track action. You could see Buemi celebrating the win behind them.

Looked like it might have been quite a tense ending though.

It's Paris this weekend. How many years was Bernie trying to get a race in the French capital? He must be spinning in his grave.

What a bizarre ending behind the Safety Car. I can only presume Abt started slowing down, and the rest had to work out when the hell he was so slow they were actually allowed to pass. Can't imagine how great Robin Frijns is feeling about that.

Buemi building up a nice lead - he'll need it for the New York ePrix. He has really got this formula sorted out!

Nick Heidfeld's ability to intermittently appear on exclusively the bottom two steps of podia can never be underestimated.

The season 5 battery has done it's first race distance

Season five Formula E battery completes first race simulation

Given that 3 years ago they were talking about having to change cars twice or maybe three times its a good example of how the series is pushing technology forward.

It might not be liked by a lot of people but there is no question it's helping push technology on, not just in cars either.

There is a rumour going round that Renault EDAMS are pulling out of Formula E at the end of the season and their place will be taken by Nissan.

Only seen this reported in the German press at moment.

Back
Top Bottom