Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Yeah i agree with you on that one. It was a bit worrying see cars on track with recovery vehicles yesterday as well.
Agree completely... When the coverage came back from the replays of the crash, it was also apparent that there had almost been a massive pile-up behind the safety car... It was just a whisker from one of those cars hitting the massive JCB that was on track.

I have no idea what's going on with the safety car rules for FE... They get time added on, unless they don't....
finally got around to watching it after football stopped me seeing it live, & i assume it was a quirk of the rules, because you cant add time on until the safety car comes in, because you dont know how long its going to stay out & & its just bad luck that the clock had already counted down & they'd done +1 lap by the time the circuit was cleared

it goes back to abu dhabi in F1, that if racing series are so focused now on finishing under racing conditions then, red flag are the only way to go when we have very late crashes

Jean Eric Vergne summed up my thoughts... There is no way that a race should continue (even under a safety car) when there is a great hulking JCB around a blind corner on the track.

but i agree on that saudi have got alot to learn about safety, i was recoiling alot at the start where they all had to park up because it was just trundling around, & then near the start, that picture still terrifies me

Last edited:
Mexico today. You can see it live on Eurosport.
good minds think alike. i was about to abuse channel 4 again what an absolute shocking start. i thought broadcasters are trying to impress when they start the contract. but 2 of the 1st 3 races are stuck on youtube. because a film is too important for channel 4 & repeats of celebrity gogglebox is too important for E4

bring back the BBC. in all the years we never had this issue

well that was brilliant. we all worried about the qualifying we need it to mix up the grid but we have for me the best qualifying in motorsport, we have fastest drivers at the front no excuses. its mixed up any way 3 races, 3 winners, 3 pole sitters, 3 fastest laps & 9 drivers on the podium

on Mexico great racing, loved the tactics, loved the teams some banking on Porsche shortening it by a lap. i thought that the circuit worked with the extension as it was extremely tough to overtake otherwise. i was surprised that so many were classified as i looked at standings & bar 1 everyone from 8th downwards as they were all on 0.0% as they were exiting the final corner. so i wouldve assumed it wouldve been over consumption unless they all coasted over

Cassidy race was finished as soon as we had a clean 1st 30 mins as the strategy was all to take the 2 attack modes after safety car & get podium but in a clean race. the less regeneration at closing stages it stuffed him energy wises

Really great race. Great driving too. Would have like to have seen Lotterer free to have a go but can understand why they went to formation flying.

I have to say that seeing the 28,000 full stadium and hearing the crowd reaction did make me giggle. Logically Formula E is a series that should not have survived. When it started the tech was not up to scratch, the calendar was shocking and the TV coverage has been muddled. The series has lost Renault, Audi and BMW as manufacturers. It will also lose Mercedes next year. Its also come under constant press criticism from press and motorsport 'fans' alike. Its had financial difficulty and has had to deal with a global pandemic. Oh it had to cope with a Bernie attack in its early days. It should be dead and buried but its still here. Not only is it still here but its getting faster and getting better. Plus it now has a history and a pedigree behind it. So i'm sorry to the haters but I think the series is most certainly here to stay.

Eventually caught up with the race after my Sky box refused to record the Eurosport coverage. When you see the quality of racing at this circuit compared to what the F1 cars manage, you realise all that is wrong with F1. Great race, great action, great result, although I would have like to have seen Lotterer have a go at the end, but can understand why Porsche called it.

Too many great moves to mention. Not even that many bumper cars today either.

By the way - for anyone not Youtube savvy and who hates Eurosport (who doesn't?) the race os available on All 4 streaming.

Eventually caught up with the race after my Sky box refused to record the Eurosport
im so glad you said that. as i want to avoid youtube & i swear I pressed record & same happened it never happened

RasputinLives you make good points about the issues they had because the circuits in 1st few years were poor. i remember paris & london so bad they Monaco look wide. & the changing cars business wasnt great PR. FE is hear to stay. i would say is now equal best place to drive single seaters on par with IndyCar

Last edited:
Following on from RasputinLives joke in the race day thread, they really need to get a grip on the race calendar. That long gap of months to the next race is crazy.
6 years later they still havent learnt, 57 day gap. in the following 57 days from 4th april we have rounds 4 - 9
Screenshot_20220213-190551_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes still a massive gap. I seem to recall this was because whoever had the March spot in the calendar ended up cancelling. I might have got that wrong though. It still better than the 3 month gap we used to get between round 1 and 2. At least we're all in the same calendar year too.

I'm dunking on them less with calendar this year because, with the global pandemic, they've actually come out alright. Lets remember Australia, New Zealand and Japan were all suppose to be in this season. Given their ever changing rules i'm not surprised they've not gone forward with those.

Back
Top Bottom