Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Not sure on Nato but Sette Camera was always at the top in F2 and just had a lot of bad luck. I think he would be a very good addition to the grid and, given the other Dragon drivers aren't exactly ripping up seats, I'd get him signed up now if I was them.

Oh and because I mentioned it earlier I just thought I'd confirm that JEV does not have Coronavirus....but they did suspect he did prior to the race.

sette camara was the better driver over many years, nato 2nd season was very good. well I would back him because FE is full of drivers who were great in F2 but could make the break through & sette camara is at least on a par with Rowland, bird, evans, Gunther, Friyns, de vries,

Mortara surprised me, ended up looking at his record earlier this morning he won the macau GP 5 times in single seaters 09 10 & GT's 11 12 & 13. in main macau gp races in 09 & 10. he beat drivers like Bottas, Bianchi, Riccardio, Bird, Sims, Vergne, Felix Da costa, Rosenquist & our old friend Haryianto who glad it was a street track, so he couldnt beach it in the sand

Last edited:
The Formula E website has gone a bit doolally...
1583509352364.png

So news of perspective races in Cape Town and Eindhoven which I'm all for. A night race in Eindhoven might be a bridge too far though.

Isn't Formula E meant to be green? Unless all the lights are powered up by millions of the Dutch public running on treadmills beforehand. That must work. I did 2 miles on the bike at the gym today and it told me it would power a lightbulb for 196 mins. 45 min race should be easy.

So Jakarta has now been postponed too

I'm pretty sure Paris will follow this trend shortly. However from what this article says we will have a race on April 4th in Valencia which is where all the cars were shipped from Morroco and are currently stationed.

I think the thinking is that all the cars and staff are already there for testing so they'll be very little travel involved.

Looks like Formula E has taken the sensible decision of suspending it's season for next 2 months. Probably sensible as all races take place in city centres.

From other sources I'm reading they are planning on bolstering the season up at the end with double headers and some squeezed in races.

Formula E look like they are on the verge of scrapping the current season and just prepping for next year - which makes a lot of sense if you think their season usually ends in July.

It would mean that they could kick off next year in November/December time as a fully fledged world championship and run pretty seamlessly (hopefully) - although I still think we'll have crowd restrictions in some countries even then.

In other news the Jaguar I-Pace support series has been scrapped which makes me worry about Jaguar!

I expect one of the other manufacturers will offer their vehicles as a replacement.

A Nissan Leaf support race would be awesome.

Blimey. We were talking about this on the virtual F1 thread but at that point he'd only been suspended.

LOL

I was just about to post this news.

If there is a more bizarre reason to be sacked from a motorsport team I want to here it.

Back
Top Bottom