Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

Next year we will have BMW, Lamborghini and Alpine hypercars to add to the mix.
bring it on. hopefully its even better than this year. with the improvements that peugeot i assume will make as well

also i thought le mans was a interesting thing that sometimes gimmicks can have a bad name. but there times like this year with balance of performance, that the cars werent organically as close bit like the BTCC. but i dont youll find anyone who minded that the racing to point was manufactured to bring everyone closer together by reducing toyotas top speed or adding 24kg to ferrari & so there wasnt 1 dominant team. because of the non stop entertainment we got

Not really WEC, but still endurance racing. My eldest boy started work with an outfit called Garage 59 late last year, who run cars in the British GT Championship. This weekend they won the Silverstone 500 outright.

Garage 59.jpg

Not really WEC, but still endurance racing. My eldest boy started work with an outfit called Garage 59 late last year, who run cars in the British GT Championship. This weekend they won the Silverstone 500 outright.

View attachment 17162
thats fantastic. everyone got to start somewhere & you never know GTs at le mans possible in the future

Le mans this weekend. finally Porsches 5 yrs domination was brought to an end last year with ferrari. a huge Hypercar field with 23 cars & 8 car manufactures. i would say that it looks like hypercar field being much stronger has been to detriment of LMP2 & GT Classes as all the huge names in that Field have now moved into Hypercar with a chance of overall victory instead of class victory.

LMS Hypercar.png

LMS LMP2.png

LMS GT3.png

Last edited:
What a finish to Hyperpole. only caught the last 15 mins & but was brilliant. pole changed 3 times after the chequered flag has dropped was great & the americans are taking over le mans. Roger Penske & the 2 Cadillacs in the top 3. does Porsche Penske count as the 1st american pole since 1967. as technically they are a porsche customer team

reigning champions AF Corse in 4th & 5th. Toyota i think 10th & 11th

very interesting 1st 20 minutes with the differences between qualifying & the race. Ferrari qualifying 4th & 5th but now 1-2. the Cadillacs qualifying 2nd & 3rd but now 4th & 9th. Toyota going from starting 11th to being 6th

with the euros & doctor who. ive not been glued to it but of what i have seen the race was turned on its head bit like Zandvoort after a short but intense shower. those gambled & kept it on the island

have been rewarded massively as Customer Ferrari with Robert Kubica leading the race, although Buemi in the 8 looks best on race pace, & be the 1st in the WEC era to win the race from lower than 6th on the grid. but those Cadillacs they mayve been great in qualifying but gone backwards in the race

fully agree

this almost unheard of in my time of watching le mans rarely do we have 4 different teams on the grid nevermind capable of winning

Screenshot_20240616_124000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
that was a fantastic race. id say 1 of le mans best. so many times you know who going to win with 3 hours to go. but you didn't know who was going to win until arguably the Porsche Curves on the final lap,

Back
Top Bottom