Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

As Galahad said, not a classic, but kept some interest to the end in LMP2. Paul di Resta was way out of his depth in F1 but appears to have found his niche in sportscars. Goodbye LMP1 at Le Mans, bring on the Hypercars.

Last edited:
yes delighted LMP1 has gone because recently its pretty dreadful seeing a 1 horse race. hopefully next year we will get back to years of 4-5 years where we will have battle for the overall

More on the news from Autosport. Make no mistake, this is massive for sports car racing. Ferrari effectively shunned Le Mans for decades after their high profile battles in the 60s.

With Ferrari committing to one of the most well known non F1 events in the motorsport calendar, I wonder what the reaction will be at Liberty towers?

More on the news from Autosport. Make no mistake, this is massive for sports car racing. Ferrari effectively shunned Le Mans for decades after their high profile battles in the 60s.

With Ferrari committing to one of the most well known non F1 events in the motorsport calendar, I wonder what the reaction will be at Liberty towers?

id assume it a good thing. it like when they have F1 drivers. anything that has cross promotion

It's great news for Le Mans, although basically a function of the F1 budget cap - it's a way of holding on to talent and remaining a big team at a time when the F1 crew is going to have to downsize somewhat. They've been loaning senior technical staff to Haas as well, I think?

Anyway, good news for Ferrari fans who have another red car to cheer for, and good news for Ferrari non-fans since it will almost certainly be a big fat failure.

At least, that's my take.

All we need now is for someone in Detroit to read the news of Ferrari's return to the highest category of sports car racing and say "Hey, I gotta idea y'all"

LOL

it makes sense alot of things i can see moved to get people in now

also i didnt realise this is the 1st year of the hypercar. i thought 2021 was the final year for lmp1 class

The entry list has been published today. Two Toyotas and two Glickenhaus-en(?) in the Hypercar class with the Signatech Alpine, which is last year's Rebellion under a new lick of paint/ownership.

No huge surprises, nice to see another "Garage 56" entry after a few years without - apparently a team set up by Frederic Sausset for drivers with physical impairments. Sausset was the quadruple amputee who raced in 2016.

At least Toyota won't have to deliberately hobble..... I mean... Erm.. Call one car in for a cup of tea, a biscuit, a long chat, a really slow screen wipe, tyre pressure and alignment check, top up the washer bottle and offer a browse of the complementary in flight magazine...

Back
Top Bottom