Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

Parties are forbidden.
❌❌❌❌❌

He said 2022 Titch. I bloody hope we're not still playing zombies by then!
Grizzly, I shall stay in a hotel in town and use the shuttle bus. Not mixing with the hoi polloi again you know! :D

Boo, and indeed hiss. You are missing out my friend. If i get the time, i shall write 'the convincing yet antipodean arguments presented by Grizzly in response to Mr FB's big, fat Le Mans review, of the year 2018'

I expect to be able to make a virtual visit to Le Mans by 2022 so not have to enagge with the riff raff at all.

Did I mention in my review some peolpe bought dogs and babies to the race and then wondered why they were scared, howled (dogs) and cried (babies) when a bunch of racing cars went thundering past?

F1Brits_90 - the last few years the governing bodies have done a really good job with the BoP to keep it close in GTE. I don't expect anyone to run away with it this year, particularly given the Porsche, Ferrari and Aston are all well established cars. The last time they messed it up was when the Ford GT was new and sandbagged to a ridiculous degree - good riddance to them.

Obviously there are a couple of things that could spoil it - when it's so close, and all three drivers in the cars (well, the 6 works ones anyway) are very high quality, if someone gets lucky with a safety car and makes a break it could be impossible for the others to catch back up. The other factor is the weather - the forecast is for plenty of rain tonight, and one or other of the cars might have an advantage in those conditions.

ah good to know as it was harsh, as i remember commentary talking at length. how the Aston Martin?? got pole then were brought back. but the eventual winners had legally cheated by sandbagging until the race & then unleashed a pace other couldnt cope because they'd played the system

The other factor is the weather - the forecast is for plenty of rain tonight, and one or other of the cars might have an advantage in those conditions.
yeah 7pm & 9pm look treacherous

Greenlantern101 there also the BTCC on Sunday. if you need more

Lead Toyota is 70s ahead of the first Rebellion after 90 minutes. Fine opening stint by Conway. But, top three are nose-to-tail in P2. :)

Aston and Ferrari GTs look very close on pace. Porsches dropping back a bit but they might have gone for more of a wet setup, I wouldn't count them out.

Loads of all female crews over the years, I guess it could be a first for LMP2? Not sure, but definitely in different classes going back to the 1980s.

The commentary team just said that Le Mans has never been red flagged, even in the 1955 when a car went in to the grandstand. The reason for keeping going in 1955 was to keep the public roads open for the ambulances otherwise all the spectators would have tried to leave.

As long as the marshals and mechanics are safe, since you don't have to worry about attendees on the ferris wheel etc. I don't really see why you would need to red flag it. Continuez!

Back
Top Bottom