Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of you are missing a vital point Lewis never overtook Vettel to help Button, he did it for his own reasons which makes whatever happened at Silverstone a moot point.

I know when I write this that I am telling the truth you only have to to see Hamilton's reaction to the question, did you intend helping Button out by overtaking Vettel? Lewis didn't have a clue about what he was being asked...

So all this Lewis did it for Jenson so why didn't Jenson do it for Lewis stuff is complete bollocks...

@The artist different strategy, different pit stop times,not racing each other

Mephistopheles. Ive quoted Lewis' response to the Vettel incident once before, but I'll quote it again

“I guess it shows his maturity. I don't think I've made any silly decisions throughout the race. I had nothing to gain apart from staying out of the way of my team-mate. I never give up, so I'm not going to back off and let everyone past me when I've got the pace to go past the guy in front.”

Ive highlighted the part that shows he clearly did know he was aiding Button.

Lewis’s naivety will always be his undoing. I think he has genuine affection for Jenson and a wish to see him do well but I am also certain that the feeling is not mutual.

Hamilton's naivety is a major problem that he has, as you say Quintessentially, and something that I hope he soon realizes and corrects.

Jenson surely didn't want Lewis to do well at Turkey in 2010, especially with Button's controversial passing attempt, which should have given Lewis a reason to pause, and question their relationship.

Artist - regardless, they are team mates on different strategies and neither should be impeding each other when strategies are adjusted to show the 'real' positions.

Meph - it's not about Jenson not helping Lewis or vice versa. It's about the team gave Hamilton an order not to hold up Jenson, he didn't he put his foot down probably for his own reasons yes. However it was obvious the team were giving him instructions and brought him out in that exact position for a reason, he could have come in before or after.

At Silverstone Jenson was ahead of Hamilton however on different strategies and at different pit points. Jenson had no reason to hold up Lewis of Grosjean as he was that much slower and also, was racing neither of them. If there was a team order not to hold up Lewis he wasn't that obliging. If there wasn't an order, then why?

Mod comment. Please comment only on the subject at hand. Please do not resort to invective or insult. Any posts which look to comment on a poster or a particular style of posting, any any post which could be construed as offensive will be deleted. This applies to everyone.

Thank you very much.

Lewis and Jenson, Lewis and Nando - I don't really see the difference except for the one common denominator (and I'm not having a pop at Lewis, OK?)

Personally, I like and am a fan of all three - they have all had their own share of negative press and fan perceptions; one seems to have surpassed it and the other two are still in the process, although in Jenson's case it's been going on a bloody long time.

Jen and that common denominator?
Ah, I get it... Jenson and Fernando both have an 'e', two 'n's and and 'o' in their names. ;)
Or is it that all three are World Drivers' Champions?

I like your second statement btw. I've always been a fan of Lewis, less so Jenson but have warmed to him since... well, since Hungary 2006 really; and I was never a big fan of Fernando the character, but even he has grown on me through his sheer excellence on the track and his intelligence and growing maturity off it.

Nice effort from JB today... he could have easily been in MW boots and got himself knocked out in Q2...

Well, looks like McLaren used Jenson as a guinea pig today, why they brought him in for his second stop when they did I really don't know as all he had to do was cover Vettel. If that had been Hamilton, this thread would be many pages longer by now, but hey-ho..

Button's problems came from being stuck behind Senna, if he'd come out ahead of him at the pit stop he'd have been quite a bit further up

Sorry if I've misled anyone - I'm not trying to blame anyone for Button's position, but realistically, McLaren will see Hamilton as the only chance for this season - Button really doesn't have much (Any) chance of getting back into contention... As such, logic says that Button will from now on be playing wing-man.... - he's 88 points behind Alonso.... It's game over for 2012.... Sadly

MCLS - I'd agree with you, but I would also say that I could have told McLaren that JB would have come out behind Senna.... Mind at (almost) any other circuit, JB, on fresh, soft, tyres would have been able to overtake Senna....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom