Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Lewis bog down at the start... Webber nipped in front of him... and then Lewis lost 3 or 4 places later

He lost 1 place to Raikonnen - he then gained that place back at the hairpin when Raikonnen tried to overtake Webber, but made a hash of it!.... However, all this was moot by the first corner of the second lap....

Lewis' good points....... far out number his few questionable moments .....IMHO
and he doesn't bear grudges...
helps his team mate out whenever he can.....last race unlapping himself..much to the annoyance of some.....but didn't it help Jenson?

It did help Button because he gained on Vettel and jumped him at the pit stops. I only wish Button was given the same message at Silverstone.

I think there is a simple answer to if you don't like what he gets up to in his own time - don't watch/read/listen? It's getting like bloody 'heat' magazine on here!

It did help Button because he gained on Vettel and jumped him at the pit stops. I only wish Button was given the same message at Silverstone.

Of course it did. And you have to question whose idea it was to send him that radio message considering he was on fresh tyres and 3seconds up the road at the time, delayed radio message notwithstanding. His engineer sounded suspiciously reluctant saying something along the lines of “we don’t want to hold him up”. As you say they conveniently failed to convey this same message to Jenson at Silverstone. Lewis’s naivety will always be his undoing. I think he has genuine affection for Jenson and a wish to see him do well but I am also certain that the feeling is not mutual.

I think he has genuine affection for Jenson and a wish to see him do well but I am also certain that the feeling is not mutual.

I'm sorry, but this is just reading as a complete load of codswallop.

1. We don't know that there was no such message in Silverstone
2. Even if there wasn't the situations were different - LH and JB were on the same lap at Silverstone, and were fundamentally racing each other (even if the pit-stops would separate them again). At Hockenheim, they were NOT on the same lap, so different situation.
3. JB did get out of LH's way reasonably smartly at Silverstone.

The Artist.....

1. Okay I rephrase, if there was a message it's a shame Jenson wasn't so accommodating
2. They were on different race strategies, as with Hockenheim, Jenson was slower in both situations. If Lewis was told not to hold up Jenson why not the same message at Silverstone (if there wasn't)?
3. Er, no, no he didn't

I'm sorry, but this is just reading as a complete load of codswallop.

1. We don't know that there was no such message in Silverstone
2. Even if there wasn't the situations were different - LH and JB were on the same lap at Silverstone, and were fundamentally racing each other (even if the pit-stops would separate them again). At Hockenheim, they were NOT on the same lap, so different situation.
3. JB did get out of LH's way reasonably smartly at Silverstone.

Well your response has nothing to do with the part you've quoted so that would explain it.

Quintessentially - well it has everything to do with the part I've posted - since you appear to have made a conclusion based on spurious evidence - let's leave attempts at bashing Button to the Lewis vs Jenson thread. Compliment LH as much as you like, but leave out the jibes against Button!

Spurious is saying that Jenson got out of Hamilton's way smartly at Silverstone when the evidence suggests not. If you followed the feed on McLaren's website you would realise that no such message was conveyed to Jenson. Please feel free to contend the points but in the future you might want to learn to respect your fellow posters before coming out with comments like "this is reading like complete codswallop"

If there was a message, he didn't follow it. If there wasn't a message, why not?

I didn't think Hamilton knew at all what was going on with the 'helping' until the post race interviews. But it appeared Lewis' strategy was altered when it became apparent there were more points up for grabs with Jenson finishing higher than Lewis. Why else would they bring him out at that place?

I would have hoped, when he clearly was in a better position in Silverstone that Hamilton would have been granted the same courtesy by either his team or team mate.

Isn't Button held up as the 'thinking' driver? Surely he realised he wasn't fighting Lewis at Silverstone and the smart/team thing to do was to get out of his way? Did he really need a message to tell him this? He moved smartly enough for Grosjean once Lewis had wasted a lap of new tyres fighting past him.

@F1PitRadio
JB told not to worry about Lewis

@F1PitRadio
To Lewis "Yeah, Lewis, Jenson has been given the message"

So what? Jens was given the message and decide to ignore it and look big at Silverstone? Well he didn't look big. From where I sat in the stands he looked damned annoying. In this instance it made little difference because the pace of the McLaren was so poor, but it could have made a big difference, as last Sunday could have done if Lewis had decided to play jenson's games.
Team dynamics at McLaren sure are frustrating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom