Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh
I expect you are scraping the dregs of the barrel...& refering to LH not pulling over & letting FA through in a Quali in 2007......
Then Fernando stayed in the pits with LH behind him..unable to get in flying lap...?
Well LH & FA were pretty well matched....not like LH & JB
But hey...non of us are perfect...you had to go a long way back to find something that.......FA got a grid drop for.....

I was only giving examples and obviously by you stating Lewis has 'always been a team player' you meant his entire career and I don't think 2007 was the best example of being a team player and having a teammate who is a clear #2 driver is not exactly being a team player to me, but hey, if you think he always has been, good for you. I disagree.

Having a system of a no1 and no2 driver and being in the position of being the no1 driver does not equate to not being a team player.

Josh
Yes IMO LH has always been a team player & he has been pushed to the limit by his team at times.
But every one has a ...I've had all I can stand , I can stands no more" Popeye moment.... I think LH was in it to win it at that moment.......and was so wrongly robbed.
So we can agree to disagree & no hard feelings on my part.

If people think Jenson was crafty in blocking Lewis

I think I 'd better point out a few things about Mclaren 2007

Monaco 2007 - Lewis was upset because he was told to curb his attack on Alonso

Hungary 2007 - it was Lewis who was ordered to let Alonso through in quali but did not yield

THere was no team radio so they were free to race

The fact that Grosjean got passed Lewis and was on Kimi's tail shows you how far Mclaren have falled behind

Seriously there are real problems with the car they are slower than Sauber and Williams and even possibly Force India today
and way off the top 3 - REd Bull, ferrari and Red Bull

maybe development is going very slowly because they have been focusing too much on making button faster.
we know they delayed the upgrades for this reason.
for me they should have focused on lewis setup and making that better so he can keep up with alonso etc.
but now button is looking better,both drivers dont look close to their main rivals.

Mclaren's underlying problem is poor race pace.

1 lap speed of Hamilton is masking the problem until now it has been affecting him

As I said top 3 now are definitely Red Bull, Ferrari and Lotus on Sunday

MClaren need to solve Button's problem because when a car is bad it affects Button more than Hamilton who can drive around problems to a certain extent but in the current competitive field it is too much to give away

Jos the Boss yep someone said it on that in Monaco he was and certainly in Canada where its a Lewis track

Valencia that was the case but Lewis had no answer to the speed of Red Bull or Lotus and even when Alonso got ahead of him

He is getting a lot more out of it than most would. So, relatively he is outperforming most of his rivals. However, his rivals' teams are outperforming his own. The combination of this puts him fourth in the championship in a car most of the drivers wouldn't have up to anything more than about 8th or so.

It's impossible to outperform a car. It is not impossible to extract more out of it than might be reasonably expected.

....& refering to LH not pulling over & letting FA through in a Quali in 2007......
Then Fernando stayed in the pits with LH behind him..unable to get in flying lap...?....

Cause and effect.

Hamilton father and son going to the stewards afterwards to complain about the event because McLaren wouldn't. Good team player? Ron Dennis said that it was not Alonso's fault. Who does that leave?

I suppose that Anthony and Lewis Hamilton had some connection in 2007? Would Anthony just have gone to the stewards without saying anything to Lewis? Or did he tell Lewis, who then begged him not to for the sake of the team?

Hamilton was given a legal order by the team principal of the team who own the car. He disobeyed it. He was told again, he still disobeyed. I do not see how that can be seen as being for the good of the team.

Hamilton is a great driver, but please do not imbue him with saintliness.

And the same goes for Alonso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom