Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. That was poor teamwork from Jenson. If things were the other way round, I am certain that Lewis would concede the place. Jenson might have had half a chance at defending against Grosjean for longer if he wasn't so focused on holding up his team mate. This year is possibly one of Jenson's poorest despite kicking off his campaign with a victory.

Well I've always held the view that Button is prepared to use underhand tactics to antagonise his team mate even if it means ruining his own race. Stopping in wrong pit box after ignoring earlier calls to box springs to mind.

They were racing. McLaren were racing 11 other teams. Something Jenson forgot about, apparently. He surely didn't think he was racing Lewis. That would be another major misjudgement and one that I think is beyond him.

Yeah too right...Ferrari with Massa riding shotgun ..........& Red Bull...big love-in for Vettel.....whatever happens...
As Button said in the last race of 2010...when LH still had a chance of winning the WDC title & JB did not.................................
I am racing for myself...selfish...:censored:..................................where as LH has ALWAYS been a team player..

So Lewis would be happy to take a back seat if it meant the team won - I think not - one of the most competitive guys out there and he is OK with not winning the WDC?

Kovi was a #2. If Hamilton has always been a great team team player then so has Alonso, Schumi, Vettel and all the others whose teammates were used :rolleyes:

Incidentally, wasn't it Hamilton who failed to hold himself to an agreement that was made before a race in 2007? Great team player there :rolleyes:

Kovi knew he could not compete with Lewis.....
JB thinks he can & PLease do not say Button beat him last year...I am not going to repeat Button putting Lewis in the wall at Canada etc.and 2nd in dwc was so.........nothing...second was mega points behind....Vettel in RBR Supercar.

McLaren have never said to Button ...JB ..Lewis is faster than you...do you understand......but they need to....otherwise not only will they keep robbing LH of WDC but they are missing out on WCC...they need to get a grip...something Button is unable to do.

It sickened me today to see the BBC Forum ...Coulthard bigging up Button big time again....they really do seem to exploit their position......they ought to remember who pays their wages.......

What does Kovi being #2 have to do with whether Lewis is a team player or not? That is how the team was operated at the time and they operated very well, as a team, using teamwork.

With regards to 2007, the problem was that it was an unworkable team, for many many reasons.

Why don't we stick to the topic in hand, which is Jenson's holding up of Lewis to the potential detriment of achieving the team's goals, to the detriment of Lewis' race and to the detriment of his own? I've responded to your points but they feel like a diversion from the actual discussion.

Without getting into the ifs and buts, Button held Lewis up for how long? A few 10ths? Agreed he could have held Grosjean up for a bit longer, which would have helped a bit, but in the general scheme of things, I think it cost nothing.

ExtremeNinja I think it was quite obvious at the time that Lewis was in a race with Grosjean only at that time, and that Grosjean had much more pace, especially bearing in mind he had come back to that position from an incident early on. Besides, not really sure it constituted much of a defence. I was more disappointed that Grosjean got straight through personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom