Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or concede and realise that Jenson vs Lewis has sweet FA to do with what their parents did for a job 20 years ago and everything to do with how they are performing against each other in a McLaren car on race weekends.

this thread is ridiculous. You get a place to discuss the merits of each drivers and then try and score points against each other by guessing the strength of your respective driver's Mum's knicker elastic.

I am completely dumbfounded. :givemestrength:
I totally agree Ninja, it seems one or two members seem to derail every thread that even mentions LH in the title or could even be considered as something some generation of his fsamily might have been involved in sometime in the distant past. It does amaze me how three members can hijack a thread and bring it down to their level.

No matter how much they do though, as long as there are other members to call them up on their 'facts', its not too much of an issue.

Anyway, how good was the racing last Sunday? Two British drivers on the podium and Vettel may well be able to post a challenge again this year. Can't wait for Sunday.. :)

...or concede and realise that Jenson vs Lewis has sweet FA to do with what their parents did for a job 20 years ago and everything to do with how they are performing against each other in a McLaren car on race weekends.

this thread is ridiculous. You get a place to discuss the merits of each drivers and then try and score points against each other by guessing the strength of your respective driver's Mum's knicker elastic.

I am completely dumbfounded. :givemestrength:

You are of course completely right Ninja and why I've let myself get dragged into it I don't know. Certain posters have a way of winding me up by talking half facts and using them to try and score points over people.

To be honest. Vettel and Alonso are better than both of them anyways,

Yeah - because everything I've read (and I don't read the Sun by the way Cook but nice insult) says different. Anthony Hamilton built his way up from nothing its true and he worked his ass off to make sure Lewis had a middle class up bringing which is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of - his father worked hard to make sure he had an education and a chance to use his skill and Lewis would be the first to admit that he wanted for nothing so why make up like he was deprievied? Don't get it.
:givemestrength: The half facts are yours. No one has said Lewis was deprived. Coming from a working class background does not mean you are deprived.

I wrote an OP the other day, and I don't do this very often, which attempted to offer a theory on the nuances of how the two drivers work their tyres. It lasted a day before it was hi-jacked and then had to be shut down. I can't begin to tell you how much that pissed me off.

I wrote an OP the other day, and I don't do this very often, which attempted to offer a theory on the nuances of how the two drivers work their tyres. It lasted a day before it was hi-jacked and then had to be shut down. I can't begin to tell you how much that pissed me off.
Well find out who reported it?

It's not a matter of who reported it, it's a matter of it being hijacked by the extremists. If it weren't for them it wouldn't need to be reported.

We have had Friday free practice in the second race of the season, has anyone noticed yet? There are several more times "my driver is best because I worship him" comments than on what is happening on the track. I would be interested to know from some impartial posters because I didn't have the chance to watch it.

:givemestrength: The half facts are yours. No one has said Lewis was deprived. Coming from a working class background does not mean you are deprived.

eerrr.....the whole thing started because it was suggested by F1-Ang and backed up by Cook that the only reason Lewis didn't have a good a record as Button in karting was because his dad couldn't afford to buy him as good a karting equiptment as Jenson's dad could.

While I have sympathy for you on the thread Ninja it was just giving people a platform. Personally whats makes me angry is that whenever Jenson beats Lewis their always has to be a theory why and a complete investigation. This is what gives a platform to the conspiracy theories and the slanderous etc etc. I accept everyone has a different opinon and some are very passionate about it all but lets not chase our tails round on this. Jenson was faster than Lewis on the day. He was quicker over 38 of the 58 laps. Pure and simple.

As for this thread. Whilst its had its hiccups it was staying pretty friendly until someone deicded to refer to Jenson Button as a knob and have a go at his character. To me the sign of defeat.

It really doesn't matter who reported anything. In fact, I reported a lot of the posts. The point is that a bunch of users hi-jacked it and took it completely off topic so that they could play my driver is better than your driver and score points against each other. This thread was then created to give the same users a place to go so that they didn't disrupt all of the other threads that they had also hi-jacked and they can't even get it right here. I'm not going to name any names but you all know who you are and this petty ridiculous playground nonsense is driving me bonkers.

I know someone is going to tell me to use the ignore function soon, but wouldn't it just be better if we all just behaved a little bit more sensibly and talked about racing instead of all this other rubbish. Surely the only thing that matters is talent and the application of it. I don't care how big Jenson's willy is, or Lewis' for that matter.

Yeah. I said willy!

You are of course completely right Ninja and why I've let myself get dragged into it I don't know. Certain posters have a way of winding me up by talking half facts and using them to try and score points over people.

To be honest. Vettel and Alonso are better than both of them anyways,

really,and how did you come to that conclusion?
vettel was beaten by di resta when they were teammates,and alonso couldnt beat lewis.
so how are they better?

eerrr.....the whole thing started because it was suggested by F1-Ang and backed up by Cook that the only reason Lewis didn't have a good a record as Button in karting was because his dad couldn't afford to buy him as good a karting equiptment

As for this thread. Whilst its had its hiccups it was staying pretty friendly until someone deicded to refer to Jenson Button as a knob and have a go at his character. To me the sign of defeat.

Again you are unable to win because you haven't done the research properly, this was started by the suggestion that Lewis was unable to emulate Jensons karting record and this somehow has a bearing for his losing the race recently

Hamilton senior bought karts from Button senior, ergo Jensons karts could not have been inferior to Lewis' ergo Jenson had a better crack at karting and this won't weigh on Lewis

, I didn't call Jenson a knob, if you read the sentence calmly it is obvious that I refer to MW and his unatural obsession with Jenson

As for you guys not bring able to successfully challenge any of Racecubs or f1-angs points ( for example Lewis had a clutch issue last race and his karting was harder than Jensons), don't cry foul and start spoiling things, you are all more than capable of presenting superior arguments, just try harder or don't bother at all, I am sure the discussion could continue with just the 3

It's not a matter of who reported it, it's a matter of it being hijacked by the extremists. If it weren't for them it wouldn't need to be reported.

We have had Friday free practice in the second race of the season, has anyone noticed yet? There are several more times "my driver is best because I worship him" comments than on what is happening on the track. I would be interested to know from some impartial posters because I didn't have the chance to watch it.
I watched it:DOk I guess I dont qualify as your impartial poster, and not sure this is the best thread for it but...this is what I gleaned.
Lewis was fastest and was fast on both types of tyres. He mostly did fast runs but did some full tank runs at the end .
Webber did a lot of full tank runs and was very consistent and running at a similar pace to Lewis' high fuel runs(though Lewis did a lot less)
Kimi didnt set a particularly fast time but had good consisteant race pace-up there with Webber and Lewis-I think this is what he was concentrating on.
The Mercedes were 2nd and 4th, so good speed. I dont know about their raced pace.

So back to the topic-Lewis and Jenson......... Dunno. Depends on too much.

P.s Forgot to say. Vettel repoted his tyres to be "all over the place". I dont think Red Bull had lost them...I think Vettel didnt like them muchLOL

Again you are unable to win because you haven't done the research properly, this was started by the suggestion that Lewis was unable to emulate Jensons karting record and this somehow has a bearing for his losing the race recently

Hamilton senior bought karts from Button senior, ergo Jensons karts could not have been inferior to Lewis' ergo Jenson had a better crack at karting and this won't weigh on Lewis

, I didn't call Jenson a knob, if you read the sentence calmly it is obvious that I refer to MW and his unatural obsession with Jenson

As for you guys not bring able to successfully challenge any of Racecubs or f1-angs points ( for example Lewis had a clutch issue last race) don't cry foul and start slopping things, you are all more than capable of presenting superior arguments, live and let live

Cook please don't change the subject. You still haven't provided links to Jenson ditching his preganat GF and Whitmarsh sacking Lewis from the Mclaren youth programme you promised me a year ago - Please show me your superior research skills by providing links otherwise we all might think you made them up to try and back up your argument. You wouldn't want us to think that Cook would you?

eerrr.....the whole thing started because it was suggested by F1-Ang and backed up by Cook that the only reason Lewis didn't have a good a record as Button in karting was because his dad couldn't afford to buy him as good a karting equiptment as Jenson's dad could.

While I have sympathy for you on the thread Ninja it was just giving people a platform. Personally whats makes me angry is that whenever Jenson beats Lewis their always has to be a theory why and a complete investigation. This is what gives a platform to the conspiracy theories and the slanderous etc etc. I accept everyone has a different opinon and some are very passionate about it all but lets not chase our tails round on this. Jenson was faster than Lewis on the day. He was quicker over 38 of the 58 laps. Pure and simple.

but theres normally a reason why button beats lewis.its a fact that lewis set his car up wrong and had a clutch problem at the start.
you see the reason why some ppl look for reasons is because there is normally one when button beats lewis.very rarely do you see lewis get beat by button and have no problems during a race.and yeah alot of the time hamilton crashing into other drivers was his fault,but they are still reasons.but when lewis is at his best he will beat button regardless,eventhough button is a very strong driver.

As for you guys not bring able to successfully challenge any of Racecubs or f1-angs points ( for example Lewis had a clutch issue last race and his karting was harder than Jensons), don't cry foul and start spoiling things, you are all more than capable of presenting superior arguments, just try harder or don't bother at all, I am sure the discussion could continue with just the 3
And right there is the whole reason for not bothering with this thread. I wouldn't usually bother replying to one of your posts Cook, but you seem to be getting so wound up, I thought it might be fun, especially if you ever reaslise Lewis isn't a demi-god (I want to see your breakdown when you do realise, that should be fun).

Trying to win an argument on the internet is like being 40st and wondering why you don't have a girlfriend..

but theres normally a reason why button beats lewis.its a fact that lewis set his car up wrong and had a clutch problem at the start.
you see the reason why some ppl look for reasons is because there is normally one when button beats lewis.very rarely do you see lewis get beat by button and have no problems during a race.and yeah alot of the time hamilton crashing into other drivers was his fault,but they are still reasons.but when lewis is at his best he will beat button regardless,eventhough button is a very strong driver.

Please go back a few pages and look at the list of races provided by a very kind poster of the races last year. I'm afraid you're wrong and that since 2011 Jenson has started beating Lewis reg.

Could the same not be applied in reverse?

How about turning that around, can you now see how ridiculous it sounds? No, really..

EDIT: Beaten to it twice..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom