Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Lewis has been the perfect team player ever since Jenson landed in his nest.
But even with all Lewis' data....he cannot match him.
All depends on Macca performance in the race

"No front grip!"

Give it a rest.

Yup, I'm sure his engineers will be happy to hear there's absolutely nothing wrong with the car, huh.

Give it a rest. He says what's wrong with the car, it's not like he's complaining about bugs on his visor or some such nonsense.

To be fair Jenson's Q2 time would've placed him 3 grid places higher and just over a tenth shy of Hamilton's time in Q3 so he's made some progress. I think the well publicised attempts to get him up to speed would've been a little bit unsettling for Lewis who just about managed to deliver when it mattered.

Whatever way you want to call it....LH delivered when it mattered & as long as McLaren don't mess him up tomorrow....as they have done so many times, then LH will deliver...as he usually does.

I don't know why Jenson is getting so much criticism for complaining about front locking. Lewis has been complaining about it all weekend too and did in the press conference. Jenson was with Lewis all throughout qualifying and had a poor final lap, but that happens and Lewis doesn't always go quicker on his 2nd run. It just so happened that this time they both had used tyres on their first run so the 2nd run was important. All in all Jenson is miles faster than he was at Canada. McLaren is set up really poorly around Valencia and so they've both done a decent job in the circumstances. I hope with their upgrades they will both be in with a chance of pole at Silverstone.

I'm sure Jenson, despite doing a better job than recently, does not feel like he has done a good one. I didn't actually hear Jenson complain of locking. It seems that is inherant in the McLaren with the config required for this race. It's just something they have to drive around. I did hear him complain of no grip though, and that is entirely down to him.

Button has out-qualified Hamilton 12 times out of 46 times meaning Hamilton has out-qualified him 34 times, Button has out-raced Hamilton 19 times out of 45, Hamilton 26 times so it's much closer in the races, Button beat hamilton 10-9 in 2011, currently it's 5-2 and 2010 was 12-7 in Hamilton's favour, some nice stats there!

Jen It is indeed a team sport, and I have no issue with Jenson borrowing Lewis set-up when he's all at sea.However ,having all the top engineers pouring over his race data lap by lap and spending an inordinate amount of time on one car is be going a bit far. It's also an individual sport and highly competitive.

5-2 in qualifying this season?

I make it 7-1....

The only one Hamilton has lost has been due to his exclusion following lack of fuel. The weekend where he changed his gear box still counts as Hamilton beating Button, and the penalty is a race penalty and not a qualifying penalty, therefore he qualified higher, and was moved lower at the start of the race.

Or is the 5-2 stat you are talking about the time each has won in the race? :thinking:

I have two honest to goodness questions, I would really like to know the answer too, just for my own curiosity, that is.
  1. Why do some of you hate Jenson so much?
  2. Why does it bother some of you that some people prefer to support Jenson and not Lewis?
I promise I am not trying to be funny I would really like to know..

I must be serious as I have broken my rule of not posting on this thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom