Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're changing Button's set up to one he felt comfortable with earlier in the session and they're changing Lewis' set up too. They don't have one set of engineers for both cars, you know.

How did you ever come to the conclusion that Hamilton's set up is being ignored? That's... pretty baffling.

Bill Boddy I did read that. It confirms some of the things I quoted but thats not all he said.

It seems Lewis is startintg to lose patience with the situation at McLaren. I will say up front that the following information comes from today's daily mail...not a source I like to use for information. Neverthelss the parts Im about to post are actual quotes and I don think they can make up quotes. So its the quotes Im interested in, not the slant put on them by the daily mail.

"It was interesting when I went to the factory last week, I was with my engineer and saw all the other top engineers on one table. They had all of my data out lap by lap and were noting all the things i did differently to Jenson to try and understand things. So he has every detail of what I'm doing differently."

After admitting to be 'confused and lost' after his 16th place Button is more confident for Valencia. "I'm sure he is" added Hamilton. "There's been a lot of work that's gone on for his car"

So its not just sharing set up...its all the top guys taking apart Lewis' races lap by lap and giving all the info to Button.
No wonder there was no time for upgrades this week:givemestrength:

There is a distinct possibility that Jenson's problems are soaking up resources at McLaren. However on the plus side it is said that we learn far more from our mistakes than from our successes. And if my experiences are anything to go by that is absolutely the case.

A sorted and quick Jenson is far more of an asset to McLaren and Lewis, than a floundering, disgruntled Jenson. It is time well spent if it makes McLaren wake up to the fact that they need to use creativity and problem solving in all their processes and not just pursue a sterile machine like excellence.

F1 is a fast moving sport and spending all that time and resources sorting Jenson's issues out can cause the team to lose focus on the task ahead and inevitably this will impinge on Hamilton. Redbull and Vettel didn't win the championship last year by diverting this level of attention towards Webber during his struggles. Don't get me wrong- i think it is right that Jenson is given the support he needs but i feel a lot of his problems are down to him personally. When you hear all the noises coming out of McLaren since Canada, they've been so pre-occupied ( at least publicly) with trying to establish parity between both drivers that they are almost guilty of forgetting that there is a championship to be won.

Jenson fastest in 3rd practice. Brilliant lap and what a comeback by McLaren after a horrid time yesterday.

That was a bit of a mixed session and it's hard to get a true picture of exactly where McLaren are at. I think they are looking at second row at best and Vettel will probably be on pole, closely followed by the Lotuses.

FP3
Looked like Jenson had clean air & Lewis was in traffic...he seemed to be going well until he came up against 2 cars?

i thought button was gunna do lewis today,button looked more comfortable up until the final lap.

vettel super quick,itll be tough to get past vettel at the start,so although i want lewis to win,the race win has to be vettels.

To be fair, Jenson has looked a lot quicker. I don't think anyone expects Button to beat Hamilton in quali (edit: except riskitall )and that was one of the closest qualifying sessions I've seen. The McLaren does not belong on the front row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom