Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I see the irony in all this

Jenson only won the world title because of his car and is not as good as Lewis
------------------------------------------------------------

The team that Jenson's wins the title with becomes Mercedes who express no real desire to keep him despite his status thinking their favoured son will not only sell the road cars and bring instant success
----------------------------

Jenson plays throws himself into the lion's den to prove he can race and beat Lewis in the same car

1st season shows good race craft to take 2 wins and keep himself within touching distance of the title and Lewis in 2010

2nd season a slow start for him erupts into life with the collision in Canada which he wins and 2nd win in Hungary starts off a period of consistency where he gets the better of LEwis and becomes the first teammate to beat him which rattles Lewis

3rd season Jenson has been closer to Lewis in quali and consistent race pace barring the mid season slump

Spa where Jenson blitzes Lewis in quali and that twitter feed was the straw that broke the camel's back for Lewis and Mclaren

It appears Lewis did not take too kindly that even Jenson had an opinion about twittering

Incidentally Monza where Lewis won, Ron Dennis did not join the team support in rocket red and there was not a smile on his face says it all

-------------

Usually its the younger driver that forces the older driver out of the team

I do believe despite what Lewis has said about equal status - the competitiveness of Jenson Button is part of the reason he moved as well

0-----------------------------

Lewis joins the team that forced out Jenson and in that time their current drivers finished below Jenson in the championship and Jenson has managed to improve his credibility even higher with more wins , beating and forcing Lewis out of Mclaren

Perhaps Button didn't force Hamilton out of McLaren, perhaps it was their inability as a race team.

As for Hamilton and Button's 6 point difference in 3 years, that's really close. However I will say that includes what many people consider to be Hamilton's worst season to date and Button's best, I'm merely making an observation here don't shoot me. Although the result speaks for itself .

Jenson has certainly done himself no harm in going to McLaren, he's proved to the doubters that it wasn't all the car in 2009. However he's also shown although he's a very good driver he's not quite 'top drawer' (IMO), as usually all things being equal it results in Hamilton coming out on top.

Still a very interesting battle between the team-mates it was...

I still think Button so ultra competitive is a factor and his calmness approach compared to the sometimes volatile Hamilton was welcomed by the team... that is probably down his experienced years in having to battle against odds in constantly inferior cars and having to overcome them ..that is where Hamilton has been lacking in experience in order to deal with things that don;'t go his way

thinking ahead to next season

there won't be any dispute about car numbering system then between the two

Unless Button wins the title , Mclaren are likely to get car no 3 and 4 and I would think Button would get No 3 being the senior driver

Looks like car No 4 - Lewis' car is going to struggle to win the title possibly now

Otherwise Mclaren will get 5 and 6....are Vodafone still sponsoring Macca then because Button will be red 5

Brogan this is why its a huge risk

What if he suffers Schumacher esque reliability problems then ? How would he cope potentially with watching from the sidelines

As good as any driver is, they can't turn a midfield car into a title challenger; at least not during one season anyway.
Yes the odd win may be possible but that will be about it.
And lets be honest Ferrari would have turned around with or without Schumacher given their pedigree...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom