Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least now we know whoever gets more points this season is better than the other so come final race or mathematical possibility this discussion is over right!

That seat at McLaren was closed when Perez came in and therefore it was a tongue in cheek comment using hard fact to prove a point. Three seasons, this one is the decider, case closed.

The two threads are different.
People may still want to comment on the Hamilton-Button partnership in the future, for whatever reason.

Is there any need to kill it? The worst thing about this thread is people coming on here to simply to post that they don't like the thread. If those that don't want to engage in the discussion don't then the thread will be a lot tidier and a lot less frustrating for those that do want to have proper discussion.

[EDIT] ...and people like me coming on and complaining about people complaining. :embarrassed:

Interesting stat. Points scored by Hamilton since Bahrain 2010 - 609. Points scored by Button since Bahrain 2010 - 603. Over 2 and 3/4 years, they're only 6 points apart from each other

I still find it amazing that in a race, drivers do about 300km over two hours and finish within seconds of each other. As much as I understand racing, it still blows my mind.

I see that Button needs a new gearbox for Japan, with a 5 place grid penalty, after Mclaren discovered post-Singapore that his 'box had an identical problem to the one that prematurely ended Lewis' race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103002

Does this put to bed the arguments that
a) Hamilton is not the unluckiest driver this season and
b) he may have contributed to his own demise at Singapore by clipping the wall in Q3?

Don't forget Button is being favoured as he was given the privelage of only losing five places and an opportunity to make these back and score points. Hamilton was sent out with a dodgy gearbox forcing him to retire even though they knew!

Well McLaren didn't know how long it would last, it was a win or bust approach, it might have held on to the end of the race, in the end it didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom