DRS in Monaco

Surely if anybody tries to deploy DRS on a tight circuit like Monaco then somebody is gonna get hurt... There can't be enough room ANYWHERE on the circuit! (It's too tight, narrow and twisting.) The normal procession is bound to ensue regardless.

I think they should go for it. As we have seen F1 is incredibly safe now (look at Webber in Valencia) It would really add an unkown element in it, and due to it being a tight circuit it means overtakes will have to be thought out, instead of what we saw in Turkey.

Presumably, lighting it up would be considered to devalue the tradition of Monaco!

Isn't Monaco all about bling and sparkle - the race is just a by-product and the teams/drivers just a diversion now - nasty place full of people with more money than sense.

Isn't Monaco all about bling and sparkle - the race is just a by-product and the teams/drivers just a diversion now - nasty place full of people with more money than sense.

They could light it up with lights sparkling through diamonds or other precious stones, get the bling effect..

Well, it makes as much sense as holding a modern day F1 race there..

I put up a poll on whether F1 should continue at Monaco last year, and it is sufficient to say that my hoped for no vote did not materialise.

I think they should go for it. As we have seen F1 is incredibly safe now (look at Webber in Valencia)

I hope that the FIA and relevant authorities do not make decisions with that level of complacency. I would hate to see this happen:

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Jarno Trulli who demonstrated the pitfalls of mis-timing execution of the flappy wing a few weeks ago? Is there space to do a 360 at Monte?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Jarno Trulli who demonstrated the pitfalls of mis-timing execution of the flappy wing a few weeks ago? Is there space to do a 360 at Monte?

It was Adrian Sutil, wasn't it? I doubt there is enough space to do a 360, but having said that, only one car has actually done that thus far and it shouldn't provide too much obstruction if a car is facing backwards because the Monaco marshals are the best in the world. Through necessity, of course, but how many times has a car been parked somewhere and next time a camera pans past its disappeared!

F1 Times says that DRS is to be banned in the tunnel at Monaco and Eau Rouge at Spa on safety grounds.

This seems to indicate that DRS will be allowed at Monaco but not sure where.

Main 'straight' probably or that little stretch after the chicane into the swimming pool area

Monaco? Doesn't matter where they put it, it's a recipe for safety car after safety car. Despite the best efforts of the superb Monaco marshalls (best in the F1 world) I predict the race will run for two hours and will not complete 78 laps. The only (convincing) overtakes will be by the helicopter so expect to see fantastic aerial views of the Cote de Azure.:)

Back
Top Bottom