DRS in Monaco

I wasn't trying to be doom-mongering... well just a little maybe.
It's just that the drivers are aganst it and Rubens's points seem fairly reasonable to me, and it sometimes is annoying to see that drivers' opinions never seem to get taken into account by those in power. They're the ones out there doing the job.

It's just that the drivers are aganst it and Rubens's points seem fairly reasonable to me, and it sometimes is annoying to see that drivers' opinions never seem to get taken into account by those in power. They're the ones out there doing the job.

But the drivers apparently weren't all against it when Charlie Whiting consulted them at Turkey, which is precisely why he decided there were insufficient grounds to ban it.

Hmm, I think I fall slightly on the "what the heck, give the drivers the choice" side of this argument. Anything to make the driver more important than the car.

One thing that puzzled me was the assertion that if DRS was banned then teams would have to build special wings for Monaco. Really? Could they not just, say, disconnect the switch?

One thing that puzzled me was the assertion that if DRS was banned then teams would have to build special wings for Monaco. Really? Could they not just, say, disconnect the switch?

Probably, but I'd imagine that the gubbins to activate DRS has a weight, and a wing without it would be lighter, (at the weight is quite high up on the car) so the top teams would definitely manufacture wings that were lighter without it so the weight could be moved lower in the car as ballast

Probably, but I'd imagine that the gubbins to activate DRS has a weight, and a wing without it would be lighter, (at the weight is quite high up on the car) so the top teams would definitely manufacture wings that were lighter without it so the weight could be moved lower in the car as ballast

Fair point that, but that's their own choice, not a requirement. If they decide that their Championship position would be best aided by spending money on a new wing, that they wouldn't be able to spend later in the season, then that's up to them.

I agree.Just because its available its use is not compulsory.If the driver feels that its not safe to use it he is not required to to.

No, its not compulsory, but do you not think a driver will try to use it somewhere as others are using it in that place? If this is the case and that certain driver runs out of talent, it could have disastrous consequences..

No, its not compulsory, but do you not think a driver will try to use it somewhere as others are using it in that place? If this is the case and that certain driver runs out of talent, it could have disastrous consequences..

Speaking of running out of talent, you don't need DRS, nor even race pace ROFL

Poor old Michael... now he's looking weak we're all going to remember his less than glorious moments from the past.
Couldn't happen to a nicer man... :snigger:

You saying he should have allowed Alonso through on the clean line?

No, I think Alonso should have held fire until after the tunnel. He had his moments back then:

However, it shows the folly of running DRS in the dark, unless they add some Singapore-style lighting down there.

Ha!Look at Alonso being so bloody-minded he waves his fist at Ralf when he's still spinning towards the wall backwards! LOL

No, I think Alonso should have held fire until after the tunnel. He had his moments back then:

Just making sure we're on the same page...

I remember that, looking back it does seem very daft, i don't remember the circumstances exactly, but i have a recollection he entered a waved yellow area flat chat.

However, it shows the folly of running DRS in the dark, unless they add some Singapore-style lighting down there.

Increasing the lighting in the tunnel would never be a bad idea, even if only to allow us a better view of the cars as they go though it!

I remember that, looking back it does seem very daft, i don't remember the circumstances exactly, but i have a recollection he entered a waved yellow area flat chat.

Without wanting to get in a criticise Alonso-a-thon, that is perhaps the most moronic way of securing yourself a podium ever!

Increasing the lighting in the tunnel would never be a bad idea, even if only to allow us a better view of the cars as they go though it!

Presumably, lighting it up would be considered to devalue the tradition of Monaco!

Back
Top Bottom