Cycling

THINGS THAT ARE GOOD TO KNOW:
When wearing a black balaclava with only your eyes showing and someone is standing directly in front of your bike locker, you don't need to ask them to move out the way. They take one look at you and rapidly walk off.

Lovely weather for it today:
image.jpg

Great photos there gethinceri Thanks for sticking them up!

Once again, it was an absolute pleasure riding with you and the UCY, and you and the lads Mae me feel really welcome, and part of the group. Riding the UCY chain gang, owning the roads in South Wales for the day was one of the best experiences I have had, and it would not have been the same on my own.

Please pass on my sincere thanks to all the lads who looked after me. I look forward to doing the same again at some point.

Oh, and the jersey is clean and ready to go, just need to know where to my good man.

Velothon 2016 is already open for pre booking!!!

I rode a 70k recently. started to bonk at 3miles at got progressivly worse, deciding there is no way I could do the second lap (especially after being taken over by people in a lower category, children and fatties). I kept going, shit time and turns out my front brake was full on from the point i went over the cattle grid (at 3 miles) until I finished. I thought the hissy sound might have been a puncture but the tyres felt fine.

Think I'd better learn about bike maintenance before I embark on my next longish distance ride!

Right. So although I like mountain biking and have just upgraded that, I got the road bike bug after my somewhat disastrous 70k.

I can do cycle to work up to £1k. Any recommendations, remembering I'm female?

I'm thinking Scott Contessa Speedster 25 .

A friend & clubmate of mine has one, it does a very good job for her Hamberg.
But don't get a triple, they are not worth the bother, go for a compact 50-34 with a 12-28 (Or bigger) cassette instead.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did my first Alpine climb. Well, my first climb in fact. I did have a little practise the day before just to see if I could work the bike, it's new, that was drama filled! But to cut a long story short, yesterday I went up the col du petit St.Bernard. Its a col theTDF came over a few years back. The climb, from where I started was about 16k up to the top with a height gain of about 650 metres. It was SOOOO HARD! I thought I was going to die! Everything was hurting! The going back down was great! The first pic is at the top with Mt. Blanc in the background, the second one is halfway up.

image.jpg image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom