Cycling

Why was I trying to play the video?

Only one confirmed ride for the Summer so far, and looking forward to it. Trying to see how many I can get away with this season, looking to up the max mileage, and cover a couple of extra tons on last year. The Magnificat looked like a nice ride, and within a relatively easy ride. just need to clear the dates with the entertainments manager.

Great vid gethinceri but I have a couple of questions.
  1. Who was the bloke with the pit speed limit light flashing away?
  2. Who's fault was it that you went the wrong way? (Got lost.)
Very important question that need answering I think you'll find...

Awesome gethinceri . This year I took part in the Little Rock Big Dam Bridge race and finished 3rd out of about 300 in my mileage.

It's hard to beat the feeling of riding your bike really fast. I doubt I'll come close to 4,000 miles this year, but I'll give it a go.

Thanks Westy, you're right, riding a bike fast is awesome. I've only managed that distance as I love it so much and my wife allows me 5 hours to ride on a Sunday, which pretty much guarantees 3,000 miles. Big events are good to enter too, as The Pits and I have shared, got any pics of your Little Rock race?

Indeed! I have only managed around 1300 miles this year, although that is only since I got the new bike in July. In that time I have entered 5 organised events, 2 of which were over 100m, and one of which was a mere 91, although included some serious hills, and some rather good company!

This year, I intend to step it up a little, although I think that time is going to be at a premium this year, so I will have to choose my events carefully. Already signed up for 3, including the Velothon in June which I am very much looking forward to.

The first is a local run, only 63 miles, but covering all the big hills in the local area, which is nice, especially in the middle of winter!

image.jpg
Well, you're joining the UCY peloton for Velothon, right?
Profile looks nice for Harp Hilly 100.

Last edited:
The harp hilly takes in all the local climbs, I do most of those on my solo runs, but not all in the same ride! I have signed up for the strava 20150 so I have a way to go!!

None of those hills have anything on the mendips, or the tumble, and my recent outings are telling me that I have a lot of work to do before the season really kicks in!

Well, it looks like the 128 mile magnificat is a goer, just need to check the work schedule.

Got out today, fuck me was it windy!!

Oh and gethinceri. It looks like we are on the same total as ent numbers for the january climbing challenge!!

Back
Top Bottom