Autocourse Top 10

Even Murray Walker has said Ricciardo is his driver of the season

I remember 2002 season driver of the season was Fisichella according to the paddock despite Schumacher winning a record 13 times and every race he finished was on the podium

Last edited:
The Autocourse Top 10 is:

1. Hamilton
2. Ricciardo (with a caveat that he could easily have been given the No. 1 slot)
3. Alonso
4. Rosberg
5. Bottas
6. Vettel
7. Button
8. Hulkenberg
9. Kvyat
10. Magnussen

I keep struggling to understand why Vettel keeps being placed in the top five? He had a race winning car (sort of) yet only succeeded in looking very average in it all season.

Whereas Button had a crap car that got better through the year yet consistently hauled it to places it shouldn't have been but is only ranked 7th or 8th.

Like all these things they are just based on someones opinion and mean nothing at the end of the day.

Basically we had an F1 season somebody won and all the rest didn't.....

Last edited:
I think it's if Ricciardo is commonly being placed at the number one spot, then you can place Vettel somewhere around 7th on the basis that although he was consistently beaten he wasn't absolutely annihilated by the Aussie much like Raikkonen was by Alonso.

At the risk of answering my earlier question; I feel the heavy hand of Bernie and promoting the show above talent:
Vettel saviour of Ferrari
Red Bull young guns
Button swang song (at best)

Any list is opinion. For what it's worth I'd drop Rosberg way lower than fourth based on his comment that he could have avoided contact with Hamilton at Spa but chose not to. Doesn't deserve that ranking regardless of his results for that reason alone, especially as that bit of crappy judgement was aimed at his teammate. F1 drivers have to earn respect like anyone else and rise in the rankings as they do so, Rosberg needs to start earning again.

I have no truck with young Chops taking the #1 slot ... I would think a major determinant would be his lack of mistakes and his taking of (just about) every available opportunity on track ... could have given it to Lewis based on (for him) a calm confidence we have not seen before when down and out and getting psychologically manipulated by his team mate ...

Back
Top Bottom