Football All things Football

if lee carsley doesnt want the job, just tell us. Greece fully deserved that win & England are very fortunate it was just 2-1 as it could & shouldve been alot more. as greece scored 5 but 2 counted. in our 1st Wembley defeat with crowd since 2018 v spain

Carsley might have started well in his 2st 2 games. but he cocked up today. baffling decisions, 1st of all why as temporary manager are you experimenting. your not in charge long term. only for 6 games how with watkins & solanke at your disposal do you think false 9s are the way to & then carried on hopelessly for an hour

because of Carsley's pissing around & we are staring at either another yr in League B or promotion playoffs to get back to league A. which is unacceptable for this England team

im annoyed as england lost. but it was touching & emotional to see that baldock meant as much to greek players as he meant to us

Carsley was apparently responding to the criticism that England don't attack enough. The trouble is he did that by flooding the team with attacking players and leaving our defense hopeless.

The criticism of Southgate's England wasn't the squad it was that he sent the players out to play too cautiously. You don't fix that by playing 11 strikers.

Best thing about tonight should be that it will stir the FA into action.

Let's say England can't play with Palmer, Bellingham, Foden and Saka in the same 11 ever again. They need to learn like Man City find a flexible system.

Every time Greece counter attacked they were going to score as soon as the ball went past the midfield . It felt like Kalvin Phillips was needed

The 2nd goal was worse than school boy defending just boot it away !!

Lewis should not be left back.

I think a decent centre back partner needs to be found for Stones as well

The body language of some of the players should be a concern

you whats interesting what i just learnt that. if we dont top the group we will be in a group of 4 for world cup qualifying. because the group of 5 would clash with the promotion play offs in march

you whats interesting what i just learnt that. if we dont top the group we will be in a group of 4 for world cup qualifying. because the group of 5 would clash with the promotion play offs in march
now that would be interesting no wonder they are calling it a must win game !

im surprised because i remember after the Capello debacle. FA said never again. & the English manager will always be english/british from now on. so im surprised they have changed there opinion in a way so soon we only had 2 long term managers since that statement. & i assumed potter was the natural fit

i think it's a great appointment. you look at what he's done. he took the impossible job of succeeding klopp at Dortmund & was successful. he was PSGs best manager of modern era, took a team that was constantly underperforming. won the treble & took them to only champions league final to date. was very good at chelsea & won the Champions league.

also when you think domestically. who was there for us to get. Howe is never going to leave Newcastle. is it too early for potter & carsley's too inexperienced. whats left, Lampard, Gerrard, Dyche, o'neil, Carrick

1729029755485.webp

Back
Top Bottom