Football All things Football

how are we feeling ahead of the new season

20240809_170312.webp
20240809_170328.webp
20240809_170418.webp
20240809_170428.webp

Four Four Two magazine has hated us for years so if they say we'll finish 9th then we'll probably be champions with 5 games to spare.

I'd take a top 10 finish and challenging for the top 6 all day long.

FFS is it that time already, where's the summer gone it's still 36 deg C here, definitely not football weather, just postpone it for a month at least

very pleased with that, as i wasnt really sure what to expect from blades this yr, i was hoping for the best & thought playoffs were very achievable.

but that 1st half was great & only once did Preston worry us around 30 mins in. more of that & this could be a great season

I think that's a little harsh on Portsmouth. I suspect a season which will end mid-table, which for a first season back in the Championship will be more than good enough. I'm also going to predict that more than half the current managers in the Championship are gone before the January transfer window.

half the current managers in the Championship are gone before the January transfer window.
With Wayne Rooney being the first.

Given the debacle around the way our manager was appointed last season he's surviving on a wafer thin level of support.

If the results are ok and we're in or around the top six he'll be fine but any sign of another season competing between 10th and 17th and the supporters will have him for breakfast.

I'm clinging to the hope that every single one of the teams Nigel Pearson has managed in a full time capacity have tasted success (promotion or a league title) in the first full season after the season he was sacked

This season marks our 10th consecutive in the Championship which I know some clubs would give their right arm for but apart from 1 brief highlight in the league cup and one small flirtation with the top two for a couple of months we are the definition of mid table mediocrity.

FB i agree on that there are plenty of failing clubs in championship & your promotion momentum should be enough i would say 13th-15th more likely. because QPR, Cardiff, Stoke, Watford. Plymouth who it seems to be very long season. even longer now the Blades are going to buy there goalkeeper

sackings already started preston who never understood this type of sacking, if you clearly lost faith in the manager. or manager lost faith in the board. you part after final game in may. after the 1st game im august helps nobody

Wayne Rooney i highly doubt will be in charge when we play them in december. they made our neighbours look like man city, but there should be a grace period if you start the season with a manager, you cant sack them for 1st 3 months of the season

knew this yesterday news was soon, but still a sad day when it broke. a great man & polite despite being treated disgracefully by the newspapers. as england manager I'd say laid the foundations of what we take for granted as qualifying as a given & expecting to be in the latter stages of major tournaments. as it was final day drama, play offs & not even being there before him

although sven may feel he underachieved as england boss. he was far better than 3 Quarter final suggest, he was unlucky to run into brazil with an inexperienced team 4 years later we probally beat them & i feel that euro 2004 was a missed opportunity sven should added international trophy to his glittering club career

Rice 1-0 & Grealish 2-0 that 1st half was every Irish fans worst nightmare LOL

its amazing how few times england have played Ireland recently. the last time england played competitive game in dublin. thatcher resigned as Prime Minister a week later

Back
Top Bottom