2024 silly season

The same number of races as there are cars on the grid

Each driver gets drawn out of a hat for a car in race 1. They then have a matrix which determines their car for the remainder of the season so that they race twice for each team in a random order.

E.G. Red Bull are 1 and 2, McLaren 3 and 4, Ferrari 5 and 6 and so on.

If a driver is drawn out as number 1 in race 1 then his remainder of the F1 season may follow as 14,6,18,3,9 etc.

I fully agree with The Artist..... We would have the best driver and the best constructor.

Of course a radical idea like this would never happen because the dominant teams would veto it before any discussion.

Well, this is yet another case of the top drivers in F2 being overlooked. Bearman is currently 14th, 89 points behind Paul Aron.
Unlike the others in F2 Bearman has proved himself in a F1 race, maybe unfair to the others but in F1 you grab what you can and sell yourself on results.

The Artist.....
  1. Drivers can buy their way into F1
    Yes, but that has always been the case. Lauda secured his position on the grid in the '70s by taking out a bank loan.

2. Drivers hold on to seats, long after they are passed their sell by date -
  3. It is almost impossible to make the step up into F1
    That's very true; Ricciardo and Kimi are recent examples. But that's precisely why we need more teams, to provide more drivers with greater opportunities.

4. Teams favour particular drivers, leading to "team orders" debacles.
    Indeed, but you could argue that the right to benefit from team orders is earned by consistently outperforming your teammate.

I wouldn't like a rotating roster of drivers because it wouldn't guarantee the best drivers every week. Do we really want this week Leclerc in a Red Bull, Norris in a Haas, or Verstappen in a Williams, where they might not be able to compete? I still believe that as the competition tightens, the best drivers will always find their way into the best machinery.

Latest is Sainz to Alpine and Bottas to Williams. It was on Facebook so it must be true.
sainz to alpine is very possible. bottas I think will leave F1 as antotelli i fully expect to be in the williams. but he had another disappointing qualifying. although it does mean sprint race pole. so that will be fasinating

interesting the clauses that were "leaked"
Sources have suggested that Red Bull has the right to terminate Perez’s contract if he falls more than 100 points behind Verstappen at key points of the championship – which are the summer break and the end of the season. & that if Verstappen is leading the championship. then Perez reportedly must be in the top 5

which means if these are correct that Perez has either has to outscore Verstappen by 37pts, (which is never going to happen so we will forget that) or Piastri by 7 pts in the next 2 races. to keep his race seat, but then if he has fulfill both clauses he is a dead man walking

This is amazing development but replacing him with Ricciardo???!! or dare to throw in Lawson

Perez is downward spiral has coincided with Newey leaving notice

it would surely have to be yuki tsunoda of the 2 surely. you cant swap 1 underperforming driver for another.
i think the way RB operate they want the number 2 to underperform so Max is happy. But not to the degree Perez is underperforming. Perez has taken underperformance to an art form finishing below both the Toro Rosso cars. So danny may make sense - underperforming but not too underperforming.

i think the way RB operate they want the number 2 to underperform so Max is happy. But not to the degree Perez is underperforming. Perez has taken underperformance to an art form finishing below both the Toro Rosso cars. So danny may make sense - underperforming but not too underperforming.
Correct the last thing Red Bull need is Lawson faster than Verstappen and bruise his ego

Just read an interesting piece which said that Sainz is in talks with Red Bull to replace Perez. Max isn't too happy that Red Bull might sign a driver who could challenge him. If Red Bull sign Sainz then Max will "consider his options", with Mercedes as the most likely move. Red Bull want Sainz in case Max leaves, otherwise they are stuck with no lead driver. Mercedes have given Toto carte blanche to do what is needed to get Max.

Lewis really has stirred the pot hasn't he.

Max's apparent insecurity is surprising, but perhaps it's a Red Bull trait, considering Vettel also seemed uncomfortable with being challenged, as seen with Webber, Ricciardo, and Leclerc. Max shows the same confidence as Lewis in interviews, showing indifference towards who his teammate is, just as Lewis did with Alonso, Button, Russell, and soon, Leclerc. you would think Max would be confident enough not to worry and believe he would decisively beat Sainz as well.

but i thought for months thats Sainz is the obvious move why would you not sign him

Just read an interesting piece which said that Sainz is in talks with Red Bull to replace Perez. Max isn't too happy that Red Bull might sign a driver who could challenge him. If Red Bull sign Sainz then Max will "consider his options", with Mercedes as the most likely move. Red Bull want Sainz in case Max leaves, otherwise they are stuck with no lead driver. Mercedes have given Toto carte blanche to do what is needed to get Max.

Lewis really has stirred the pot hasn't he.
It really does not surprise if Verstappen would go because it just proves everyone's point that his time at Red Bull is overplayed by having teammates who constantly have a gun/knife behind their back

off course if he wins with Mercedes his fans will go delirious that he is the missing factor

Max's apparent insecurity is surprising, but perhaps it's a Red Bull trait, considering Vettel also seemed uncomfortable with being challenged, as seen with Webber, Ricciardo, and Leclerc. Max shows the same confidence as Lewis in interviews, showing indifference towards who his teammate is, just as Lewis did with Alonso, Button, Russell, and soon, Leclerc. you would think Max would be confident enough not to worry and believe he would decisively beat Sainz as well.

but i thought for months thats Sainz is the obvious move why would you not sign him

It's a situation Red Bull created themselves in trying to massage Max's ego and his a**hole Dad. Signing Sainz would be a Horner decision which Marko did not agree with so you divide the team into two distinct camps even more as a result.

They keep saying the experience at Toro Rosso was stressful so dont want that at Red Bull . That does not matter when you have a significant performance advantage but its clear now when there is only 1 car every weekend at the front. The Red Bull of old would have dispensed Perez and replaced him by now like they did with Gasly, Kyvat and Albon.

Interesting given the car is more dominant the Red Bull second drivers wins still have not surpassed Bottas' wins with Mercedes. I find this stat still amazing given the amount of additional races and time Perez has had at Red Bull

Back
Top Bottom