2024 silly season

Ralf schumacher is saying that Red Bull needs Perez to pay Verstappen's salary.

Meanwhile the Aussie's are getting excited about seeing Danny Ricciardo being chummy with Horner and Verstappen

That depends if Lawson thrashes him in testing unless he has been told Perez is dropped for 2025

how much money Perez & his backers gave to red bull to keep that seat. because it doesn't make sense. as perez is in gasly & de vries zone

I have a feeling
Since Perez joined RB, RedBull has increased the revenue they get from merchandise in 65%.That is a single metric but he certainly brings the $$$ and other drivers may not bring as much dough to the table.
yes but in the long run, losing will diminish their brand.

Their brand is a drink, the two F1 teams are just marketing as are their other forays into various sports, they are only into high power high energy sports just to market the myth of a high energy drink they sell, providing one car is prominent it's OK. The Red Bull hierarchy will be more worried when Sky stop interviewing Christian Horner mentioning Red Bull or showing the Red Bull logo in 25% of the programme

Since Perez joined RB, RedBull has increased the revenue they get from merchandise in 65%.That is a single metric but he certainly brings the $$$ and other drivers may not bring as much dough to the table.
well i guess if perez is worth more than 10m then i can see why. very interesting reports that liberty media were worried about the Mexican ticket sales

but the fact they wouldn't be constructors would be prestige enough. as based on last 8 races the constructors would be with 3 races to go

Mclaren 608
Red Bull 577
mercedes 468
Ferrari 403

If attendance at a Grand Prix requires there to be a driver from your country to be taking part then you're no much of a fan are you.

If attendance at a Grand Prix requires there to be a driver from your country to be taking part then you're no much of a fan are you.
where i do sort of agree as its 1 of the great things of British gp or Japanese, but alot of races have been on the circuit for that reason. people only came to hockenheim & Zandvoort to see Schumacher & Verstappen

where i do sort of agree as its 1 of the great things of British gp or Japanese, but alot of races have been on the circuit for that reason. people only came to hockenheim & Zandvoort to see Schumacher & Verstappen
like Spain until they realise they needed to drop the pig of a circuit Valencia

If its true then both COTA and Mexico would suffer sales from Perez being sacked or dropped

Eh? The German and Dutch GP's were part of the calendar long before Schumacher and Verstappen were a twinkle in their parents eye.

like Spain until they realise they needed to drop the pig of a circuit Valencia
didn't they say that Spanish was Moto GP country until alonso came along & changed everything

Eh? The German and Dutch GP's were part of the calendar long before Schumacher and Verstappen were a twinkle in their parents eye.
they were. but this modern F1. dutch promoter has said theres only 1 reason why F1 is there & thats verstappen. it will be interesting to see if they stay when he retires & because hockenheim struggled post schumacher, i think remember being very similar. wasnt there a race 1999? when he tripped over fisichella at the 1st corner that alot of schumacher fans left

2003 - 240,000 fans went to hockenheim & Nurburging.
2013 - 45,000 at Nurburging
2014 2015 & 2016 52,000 at hockenheim

The Dutch GP existed because you had a few Dutch drivers before Verstappen
didn't they say that Spanish was Moto GP country until alonso came along & changed everything

they were. but this modern F1. dutch promoter has said theres only 1 reason why F1 is there & thats verstappen. it will be interesting to see if they stay when he retires & because hockenheim struggled post schumacher, i think remember being very similar. wasnt there a race 1999? when he tripped over fisichella at the 1st corner that alot of schumacher fans left

2003 - 240,000 fans went to hockenheim & Nurburging.
2013 - 45,000 at Nurburging
2014 2015 & 2016 52,000 at hockenheim

Certainly may not be a guaranteed race next season

Looks like I was on the right track about Newey landing at Aston if he stays in the UK.

great minds

their have been rumours Lawrence stroll chucking money at him almost money no object & ferrari have been after him for 30yrs. why i think he could be off to aston martin is unlike ferrari, moneys no different still having your wages double or triple what he gets at RB but you dont have to move house, move country or learn Italian. its just the same job 20 miles up the road

Perhaps the works Honda engine deal will be an incentive? Shame, I'd like to see him work with Lewis at Ferrari, but do remember that from 2014 to 2020 the WDC was won by a car Adrian Newey had nothing to do with, so there are many other very good engineers out there in F1.

Back
Top Bottom