2024 silly season

They would have been s but dumb not too as he's actually finally matured into a decent racing driver this season.
yeah to say he was fortunate to still be in F1. he's comeback well, he calmed down & this is more like the guy ive seen in F2 & those opening races of 2022

is it enivitable Riccardio leaves F1 for the final time this season. unless he does something remarkable

without going all Jaques Villeneuve, i dont see the point of Riccardio next yr now Tsunoda has signed. he's 34 the main team dream ship now has sailed with the perez signing. no other team i can see him giving a chance

now if tsunoda had been poached. i would understand Riccardio staying as a mentor & a benchmark. but9 the sister team is supposed to give youth a chance, if theyve strayed from that with Hartley, De Vries, Kyvat Return. to give hadjar or lawson a chance
The only get out card for Ricciardo is if he is reserve driver to keep the pressure on Perez so Lawson gets RB whilst Hadjar will get his chance in 2026

adrian newey could happen have a new challenge & theres a difference to the ferrari rumours, with aston martin the only thing is would he 50m? for working 30mins further west. you dont have to move country, move house or learn a language. he its just 20 miles up the road
Never underestimate Lawrence Strolls ability to throw cash at Aston martin

Screenshot_20240621_142442_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
This is enticing seeing AM are not too far from where he currently works. He has a few ex colleagues from Red Bull as well

My only question is Alonso is not getting quicker and Stroll jnr will cause a lot of damage.

The drivers he would work with are of lesser caliber in Stroll and probably Tsunoda

i wonder what did Lawrence stroll say to alonso because to turn at worst a chance at red bull for aston martin. i feel something mustve been promised

i wonder what did Lawrence stroll say to alonso because to turn at worst a chance at red bull for aston martin. i feel something mustve been promised
You mean Red Bull saying No was not enough for Alonso then

but asking Alonso to extend relies on Honda promising not a repeat of GP2 engine for sure

Unless AM has insiders close to Newey who knew he might be quitting I think the fact that Alonso is still No 1 in that team is enough although if Stroll Jnr suddenly comes alive that will be interesting indeed

You mean Red Bull saying No was not enough for Alonso then
we know alonso was interested. we know Horner has been admirer historically as well. but whether they ever got close to offering i guess we won't know until 1 does an interview

alonso isnt interested in medium or long term he's 43?. he want as guaranteed as much as you can shot at race wins. how does lawerence stroll offer that as 5th quickest car. when the quickest is available

Last edited:
we know alonso was interested. we know Horner has been admirer historically as well. but whether they ever got close to offering i guess we won't know until 1 does an interview

alonso isnt interested in medium or long term he's 43?. he want as guaranteed as much as you can shot at race wins. how does lawerence stroll offer that as 5th quickest car. when the quickest is available
you have to think Verstappen or Russell is more likely to send him into retirement if he gets a beating from either

Mercedes were seeing Antonelli as part of succession plan which makes sense

Mclaren are locked

Ferrari he burned his bridges and were locked

Red Bull was really a long shot seeing they prefer to keep it in the family of drivers with Perez being the outlier plus Horner's A plan was Ricciardo and it appears he still wants him in Red Bull colours

Once Honda gave assurances they have no problem working with Alonso I guess that means its either Stroll or Tsunoda in the other seat

So to be honest it was Aston or nothing ...until yesterday when Flavio has returned . I suspect they might do one more hook up at Enstone if anything

According to Austrian publication Kleine Zeitung ahead of Red Bull’s home race in Austria this weekend, Marko has revealed that the energy drink’s shareholders are keen to see RB return to its roots as a team to train young drivers, having produced the likes of Max Verstappen & Sebastian Vettel in its previous Toro Rosso guise.
And that, he says, means RB “will have to” turn to Lawson in the near future.
He said: “The shareholders have made it clear that it is a junior team & we have to act accordingly. “The goal was that Ricciardo would be considered for Red Bull Racing with exceptional performances. That seat now belongs to Sergio Perez, so that plan is no longer valid. We will have to put a young driver in there soon. That would be Liam Lawson.”

Last edited:
Ricciardo is finished Horner has been more supportive of Perez over him

His only shot is if he is reserve driver but he will get a chance to be Verstappen's lackey.

Interesting Marko's angle is Red Bull shareholders want Lawson as it fits their ethos and labelled team RB as a junior team. This goes against Horner saying that team RB is no longet a junior team early in the season

Interesting Marko's angle is Red Bull shareholders want Lawson as it fits their ethos and labelled team RB as a junior team. This goes against Horner saying that team RB is no longer a junior team early in the season
Well i guess the shareholders will be questioning why are we paying for 2 teams & a youth academy if RB isnt the place for them

Well i guess the shareholders will be questioning why are we paying for 2 teams & a youth academy if RB isnt the place for them
Exactly given Ricciardo is the outlier in what RB represents despite being good fit for Red Bull's PR.
Timing could mot be more ironic to get maximum exposure.

Exactly given Ricciardo is the outlier in what RB represents despite being good fit for Red Bull's PR.
Timing could mot be more ironic to get maximum exposure.
riccardio reminds me of Kimi raikkonen. when hes angry, when he has something to prove italy 2022, Miami & Canada. then we see the old Daniel, but at the moment comfortable daniel is retirement Daniel

like i said about Kimi best driver on the grid, when he could be bothered or his contract was expiring

i think Magnussen realised that he wants to do something competitive thats not racing for 13th

Possibly facing the end of his grand prix career, Magnussen insists he is at peace with the idea of leaving - and pointed to the success of ex-Caterham and Sauber driver Marcus Ericsson, who won the 2022 Indy 500.

"I am an active participant in contention for a few of the seats and that is great," Magnussen told media including RacingNews365.

"It is all very open at the moment, and there is a good chance for the established guys to end up in a seat anywhere.

"There has been potential here at times, but there has never been a podium here though or a season where it has just worked out.

"There is almost like this unfulfilled potential that I think it would be quite fulfilling after so many years to be part of, but on the other hand, it has also been a long journey.

"I've been in the midfield every year that I've been in F1 and I'm 31 years old and I'm starting to think that if I finished my motorsport career having just done F1 in the midfield, that would feel empty.

"I watch Le Mans or the Indy 500 and see some of the guys that win, they look bloody happy and I think there's a career outside of Formula 1.

"I've been part of it a few times when I've not been in Formula 1, it is a great life and it is pulling a little bit."

Helmut Marko was recently quoted as saying the Red Bull board have insisted that RB should be a junior team and Liam Lawson will be in the car next year. As Perez has been signed up for another year (or two) at Red Bull it looks like Danny Ric won't be in F1 in 2025, unless another team wants to sign up a seat blocker for next year.

The thing I struggle with is what Ricciardo will do after F1 as I don't think he has what it takes to do endurance racing and Formula E doesn't need another washed up F1 driver. Perhaps Aussie touring cars might be appropriate, or he could quietly retire.

Maybe, but does Indy Car need another Roman Grosjean?
indycar is bit like WEC its love a big name, because it brings money & viewers. any ex F1 driver is welcomed. they loved Barrichello, Sato & Grosjean. Riccardio would be bigger than either & biggest coup for a while. maybe the biggest to take place for a full season since mansell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom